AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Gaurami's and Discus

Registered Member

Default Gaurami's and Discus

I have 2 dwarf neon male gaurami's in with my discus they get along great and if there is any bullying around its my Turq on my Dwarfs. My question is this. The Dwarfs are flat out Glutans they eat every thing i feed wether its flake in the morning worms and BH in the afternoon or Brine shrimp at night. The other fish seem to pick and choose what staple they prefer to eat. No matter if they ate ten minutes ago and i add more food for those who might have missed out they eat and eat. Anyone ever keep dwarfs with their Discus? do you think this might cause the Discus to not get as much food since they prefer to eat food that floats to the middle of the tank where as the dwarfs eat at the top where the bulk of the food sits? They have Huge bellies and the others seem to be fit maybe a little skinnier than i would prefer.
    Any comments, or critisisms are welcome. Thanks
    - Hugh -

Default Re:Gaurami's and Discus

Hi Hugh,

I kept some gouramis with discus at one point and your observation is not unlike mine. My gouramis ate anything at any time.

You may try feeding on two seperate ends of the tank. See if you can get your gouramis to eat at one end and then feed your discus at the other. You could also try feeding extra food in hopes that the discus would get it, but this could lead to excessive food if you're not careful and that's not a good thing.

Ryan