ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared

Registered Member ReeferKimberly's Avatar

Default scared

Guys i just needed to write this down. I don't know what wil happen tomarro, in the next month, next year but for the record, just so i can't say i wasn't. I'm scared. Maybe it's b/c i'm young or maybe just that i'm human. But everyone just take a second to think, really think what it happening to the world. Don't think of the politics, speeches, or of the media, Just think what it may feel like to be in iraq right now. I'm not even in the line of fire, but we need to realize that "only a one in a million chance" came to be for victims of previous wars and attacks. Take a moment to forget your work, your problems, you discus. Think of what may happen, we are almost ignorant of the fact that WE ARE GOING TO WAR NOW. Myabe it's just me, i'm nieve (heck i can't even spell it), i havn't been watching every one of our president's speeches, but i have learned enough to know that this is bad, real bad and i am terrified beyond belief.

We will see what happens tomarro, and then i may continue this
    kim

Default Re:scared

Having friends in the military and a strong opinion based on the current "ultimatum," I will agree with you. I am scared as well.

I have listened to analysts, retired military men, and politicians bicker back and forth for the last 24 hours on the news, but all that is unimportant now. Whether you agree with Bush's decision or not, we're going to war soon, maybe as early as tonight.

I personally didn't want it to come to war, and I have my own reasons. However, it looks like it has come to that, and whether we like it or not it is upon us. So for now, I just want to take a minute to say thank you to the men and women in the military who are sacrificing everything for our country and our safety. While I don't always agree with our government and its decisions, I will always stand behind those who fight for our freedom. May God bless them and keep them safe, and bring them home soon.

I just want the war to be quick and successful, and for our troops to come home so that perhaps our lives can get back to normal. I cannot imagine what must be going through the minds of all those Iraqi civilians right now. It's unimaginable.

Ryan

Registered Member ReeferKimberly's Avatar

It's so sad to think that right now in a couple minutes i am going to sleep and when i wake up who knows what will have happened, or what will happen in the few hours later. I guess we will know soon enough.
    kim

Registered Member

Having been in the most unpopular war of you time I know what the men and women over there are going through,it is not a good nite for them right now.I am not sure if war is or is not the right thing but I know we MUST follow with what our leaders deem is the right thing.I feel that there were other ways to rid ourselves of Saddam,where we take out just him and sons but public opinion being what is is.....
    I also feel that there is WAY too much info being broadcast and written about in the press.If we are going to war don't tell everyone all the plans,just do it and get it over with.And if any idiot thinks this war is about oil,well they are very wrong,I think that oil is the last thing on the presidents mind.
    All I can say is good luck to all the people involved and I pray for the civilains on both sides,war shoud be where the leaders on both sides fight it out and no one else gets hurt.We can only pray that all the crazies of the world don't get in the act and do anything over here.
    Enough of my 2 cents.
    Hope by this time tomorrow things are better for all the world.

Mench.....ex U.S.A.F. 64-68

Registered Member

I think that bush has gone too far to back off. I just pray that there are very minimal or no casualties on both sides. also i hope we get saddam ASAP and execute without even trial.

Real Name
    Brian

Putting aside political views or feelings, I'm scared not only our troops but for the Iraqi soldiers that do not want any part of this.

I hope they believe when we say they will not be fired upon if they do not fire upon us.

All the best to everyone over their...

War is the greatest failure of humanity. Its a sad statement that humanity values other things more than life. The reasons for this "war" are right and wrong, simple and complex. Motivated by politics as all wars are, and fueled by the media. It follows set policies and sets new precedents for dealing with international issues.

I don't care if you believe that this conflict is right or wrong. Sadly this war whether just or unjust, will have a very negative affect on international politics, and future conflicts will be even harder to solve.

I'm scared too kim. Scared for our soldiers, scared for their soldiers, scared for the families of both, and most of all scared for the innocents. The world health organization has been reporting that 30% of the Iraqi's children are severely malnourished with thousands dying daily already, the predictions are war will impair food distribution networks as it always does, and those 30% of children will most likely Die. :'(

I have a 2 year old daughter, and a son due in 3 months. I hear these facts , I look at my daughter and want to to cry.

Sometimes a conflict is unavoidable. is this one?, I don't know ...it depends on who you talk to, what country they are from. Its not black and white. ... I can't relate to all the issues at hand.... I can't fathom losing a loved one to war.. I couldn't bare to lose a child.

I'm not religious... but I pray its over quickly, and the innocents don't pay the price.

-al

Registered Member

What the heck is Australia doing there? For christ sake we seem to be in every one elses war. Nobody in our country wants this, just the current leadership. Our problem is, you guys (americans) can protect yourselfs in retaliation......we can't.

James

Registered Member

I totally agree, why can't we be a neutral country like Switzerland?

Then again, it's just not Aussie of us not to give a damn. We give a damn and fight other people's wars becuase it's the Aussie thing to do, to help out a mate...

Chong

Registered Member

yeh it is rather alarming. as learned as western society is to-day its definitely worrying to see the leaders so easily embrace war. what does war really do anyway? it just destroys things. the land, the people (hey and animals too). i feel sorry for the soldiers on all sides who are drawn into this.

maybe its just human nature. most life on earth seems to be competing with other forms of life, whether their species or others. being human as we are though, i can only dream about what we could do if humanity would do something constructive with all this energy instead of killing one another. imagine looking after our discus in space...

definitely worrying times. lets hope it ends soon.

.marcus

Registered Member

Without getting too much into politics - which I feel have no place on a discus forum - I do want to thank the Australian people and government for having the courage to step forward to help. I know I personally appreciate it a great deal.

As for war - I know of NO ONE who likes war or WANTS war. I do know of those who have the courage to do what needs to be done.

And yes, please let it end soon!

John

Registered Member

This is only my opinion but I feel safe knowing the American fighting force and all the coalition forces are doing there best to control this unstable man in Iraq. Having spent 20 years in the Air Force and recently retired in 1996 I know that the president feels he knows what he is doing. He has a lot of great military minds helping him sort thru this mess. Since I retired I do fly the the American Flag on my house 24/7 to honor all the Armed Force's past and present for all they gave. If you keep the flag out all night put a small light shining on it and keep it lighted. Feel good that you can go to sleep tonight knowing they are out there so you can sleep in your own bed. Tomorrow go to your local store and put the flag on the front of your house or apartment to honor those servicemen and women fighting today and yesterday. Everyone needs to show solidarity towards all out forces durning these hard times and fly the flag. I am ashamed that no one on my block is flying the American Flag.
    George

Registered Member

Hi all,
    George, I fly the flag 24/7/365 too. I am an American and proud of it! I have many opinions on this mess, as well as the many others who do. I. like Al, am NOT religious at all, but do pray(on my own terms) that all the people on both sides remain safe............and that we get that SOB soon! 3000 chemical suits and atropine....what the hell do they need those for if they ain't got nuthin......... dust storms? : Does anybody EVER consider what the effects will be on the environment and other life forms? NOPE, we're self-centered! Keep those oil wells burnin', you prick!

Steve (venting a little)

Registered Member

I also have the flag out 24/7 and have the flag bunting on the porch.sadly I am the only house on my street that has my flag out.I also have put a yellow ribbon around the tree in the front yard.As I sit on the pourch the high school kids walk buy and ask,why the yellow ribbon,we don't have pow's and this war is something we don't belong in,and what did an old guy ( that hurt lol) know about the war...I told them I knew a tad bit about war as I was in everyons favorite war Viet Nam,in the Air Force.It is hard to explain to a 16 yr old about the world and wether the war is right or wrong.I said nice clothes you are wearing,leather jacket,pricey sneakers etc,I asked how would you like to live in a country where your leader had a ton of the good things,you had nothing and would be either beaten or killed if you talked against him.The girls said Yea Right,that would never happen...I said...yes,and that is because we are over there fighting ....I asked her if she would like to be a second class person how couldn't show her face in public be a person who if her parents wanted could be castrated,and a lot worse.
    Then the oil thing came up,which got me a little hot..I told them the oil was so far down on the list of why we were over there it didn't count,and we don't use all that much oil from there anyway...but look at the gas prices they said....I said that is because the gas producers saw the war as a way to increase their profits...look at the price of crude oil I said,it has come WAY down but the cost of gas hasn't come down all that much,so what does that tell ya..
    I don't know if I got through to them or not but at least I hope they will think a little more about why we are over there and why that S.O.B. and all his leaders sould be taken out.
    Well it's a nice day today,sunny and semi warm,time for some water changes then maybe a sit ouside and watch the world go by...
    Good luck to all the men and women over there and come home soon.

Mench (too old to go again,but would if he could)

My flag has flown 24/7 since 9/11 and will continue to do so.

Politics aside and reasons aside.... I have my beliefs about why we are there now, at this point in time, and I know many have different views, some overlap some are distinctly different. I really don't want all those things discussed on this board, I truthfully think none of us have the whole picture.

Suffice it to say though... I support our The soldiers 100%. Its not their job to question why they are there..it never is. Its there job to follow the directives of the commander in chief... The president. In the end he is the one that will be to blame if this is a mistake, and he will be the one to thank if it is not. Time will tell.

To all our troops and allies there.. Your sacrifices will not be overlooked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast