ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

View Poll Results: How long does ur discus take to adapt to thier new environment??

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

Thread: Adaptation

Registered Member

Default Adaptation

Please take part in this poll!

Registered Member

Default Re:Adaptation

There is most likely a relationship between experienced fish keepers and new people to the hobby. As a newby, I've been learning quite a bit over the last month or so, and my results, 2 months or more, will throw off the results some.

An even BIGGER relationship would be the HEALTH of the stock you are buying. Good healthy fish aclimate very quickly, even when shipped long distances.(if they're shipped properly)

Tony

Your lowest choice is 2-3 days. You're being generous. How about 2-3 hours. A healthy discus came from a reputable breeder will start looking for food soon after placed in a new tank.
    Jimmy.

Registered Member

I agree with JimmyL, 2-3 hours should be the lowest choice. I just moved 4 discus to a new tank and it took them only about more than 1 hour to begin swimming around...

carman

Registered Member

When i put my first discus in (2.5 juveniles) they ate from my hand in about 1/2 hour im not kidding, but after a while became a little shyer. My discus really settled down about a week later. :P

Registered Member

I do think it has a lot to do with how long the transit time is. I just got 10 fish from Al this weekend and they were ready to consume half a cow an hour after arrival. My fish that were fed-exed took longer to calm down.

John