AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jalli Titanium Heaters

Default Re:Jalli Titanium Heaters

some examples of elements you could use.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...tOID=100010260

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...tOID=100010260

for a thermostat you can use any mechanical one that accepts a probe or thermocoupler instead of a mercury switch, very inexpensive $7-$12 dollar range

Registered Member

i have a friend who just set up several LARGE plywood tanks. The biggest one was around 800 gallons!!

I think he's heating his room rather than his holding tanks! ;D

Jeff,
    I have only had mine for about a couple of months, but I am absolutely in love with the dual 500 Watt (1,000 total watts) titanium heaters hard-wired to a temperature controller I got from John at Jehmco (other than the crappy suction cups, which I replaced). Mines in my 200 gallon Oceanic with about 25 adult discus. Very exact temperature control, and everything is "industrial strength!" Plus it can go up to 104 degrees (not that I'd ever need that, but can get up into the mid 90's easily, if I need to), which would have been impossible with my four previous Ebo Jaeger 250 watters (which will now be used to heat my water aging barrels), that never worked together, and couldn't get over 90 degrees for treatments. I looked into doing it DIY, but the time involved would just not be worth the money you save. Think about it, for four Ebo Jaeger 250 watt heaters, you're going to spend nearly $80, and they won't work together (unless you add a temperature controller to run all four together in sync, which would add to the $$ outlay). For $120 US, you can have the whole thing wired up and ready to go. Plus, you can add a third Titanium heater if you want to put it into a bigger tank (I think it will handle up to 1,800 watts. For me it was a no-brainer, just plop it into your tank, and you're cookin' (well, hopefully not cooking your fish). I just wish John had some small titanium's (that weren't too expensive) that you could use in breeding tanks, and smaller tanks up to 55 gallons.
    All the best,
    Lance Krueger

Registered Member

Hey has anyone tried RENA heaters i am useing the for over 3 years with no problem,only once my giant pacu's broke one!!

Registered Member

I'm now committed to a one month testing period for all heaters before using them. I have 3 backups now that have tested and are working well. Like Dave C I got fed up with the Ebo failure rate - 50% for me - and tried several other brands. It's really hit or miss with all of the brands. My plan obviously won't work for huge tanks or major heaters, but for me and my 100-200 watt heaters it gives me a little peace of mind.

Of course there's nothing to say the heaters won't fail AFTER the month test period...

:

John

John,

What I have found with titanium heaters is they like to go out between months 4-6. No idea why, but that is most common for the titanium heaters.

Real Name
    Brian

Jeff, what brands are you refering to? Are there any you have not tested for that amount of time or is it titaniums in general?

Registered Member

I just recieved my duel 500 watt heater from Jehmco and I have to tell you that this sucker is awesome.It is industrial grade and is built very well.I know it's going to be reliable,and highly recomend it to anyone looking for a lg. capacity heater.
    Truely impressive ;D
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12