AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: frozen blood worms ok? opinions please

Registered Member

Default Re:frozen blood worms ok? opinions please

Anna, you won't be sorry. 8)

I feed Hikari froz BWs & have no problems. Use them daily, & used them when away, cuz it's safe & easy for someone else to drop'm in. Haven't ever had a pollution problem, they are eaten up so fast, & have a half dozen cories & B.rams that will finish everything that comes down the Pike. Bottom dirt is much diminished since I combined these with CBWs & 2 feedings of Hai Feng & Azoo pellets for a total 4 feedings/day. The CBWs as a treat, are the last thing at night before lights out. Fish doing well so far! Dottie : :

Registered Member

Hi,

How many cubes of Hikari frozen blood worms should i feed when i have 6 palm-sized discus? Is 2 cubes enough? Sometimes i give them another 1/2 teaspoon of dried pellets. They can never get enough of it. I'm afriad of over-feeding them. But sometimes the smaller ones doesn't get enough of it. Pls advise me.
    Thanks!

Pink

Registered Member

I feed Hakari (tried SF Brand but found it to be dirty and inferior) blood worms twice a day along with MYSIS Shrimp.

Just before lights out I feed some CBW. You must be careful because if you feed too much CBW they will not eat anything else until they become quite hungry. I found out the hard way and had to get them back on the Blood worms and MYSIS.

Hi Pink, I have 7 almost adult discus in a 90g tank with 3 cories & 6 rams. Feed 2 cubes H. froz B worms & they are cleaned up. Probably could add 1 more, but they do get fed 4X day. The 125g has 14 semi adults, 5 cories & 6 rams. Feed them 3 cubes at 1 feeding. They are all doing well, & are not too spoiled. lol, Dottie ;D ;D

Registered Member

Anna,

You may be sorry.

Hi,

i just want to add that i've noticed tremendous growth when discus are fed Hikari blood worms.

Here is what i got two weeks ago from Dan.

17 lbs

Thanks Dan.

alex

Registered Member

Its weird.
    Whenever I feed frozen Bloodworms (Hikari) my Discus tank will show signs of Planaria (the little white worms) on the glass surfaces. They disappear with a few large water changes.

Whenever I feed frozen Artemia (Brine Shrimp) or in fact any other frozen food or dried food, I don't get the problem.

Anyone can explain to this newbie why this is so??? ???

Boy, BlueBull, I'd like to know 'bout that one too!! Been feeding these (H-BWs) daily for over a year, & thank goodness haven't run into that!! Wonder??? ??? ??? Dottie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12