AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your main job.

Default Re: what is your main job.

Quote Originally Posted by musediscus View Post
    discus pimp, me too please!!!!!

That's my goal as well. Need a bigger place to start my fish room.
    Daniel - If I had a swimming pool, it would probably end up as a fish tank.

Registered Member

Im a full-time student in college.. switching majors from Equine Business and Legal studies to Nursing(RN)

I waitress (YUCK)

and I'm a counselor for a program that mixes inner city kids with small town kids and teaches them how to ride horses and helps them with school (YAY)

Well let's see!!!!!! I'm a driver, personal guard, solution maker, improviser, mind reader, the federal bank, errand runner, trouble shooter, bag holder at the mall, mechanic, electrician, plumber, carpenter, appliance repair man, IT tech, landscape guy, pool cleaner......
    [B]AND FOR RELAXATION IN MY SPARE TIME....[/B]I keep freshwater / saltwater fish, canaries and German Shepherds; also I'm a business developer specializing in name branding, cost management and customer diversification. I have been involved in construction, aerospace and automotive industries.
    To bring sense to all of this, I live with 5 women ( wife and 4 daughters ) and my son at home!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the lab manager and cell culture scientist at a biotech/pharmaceutical firm. My other "job" is a dog trainer and dog show judge (both beauty and performance). In my spare time I breathe. *-))
    Sandy

Jeez everybody sounds so official. I work at Costco Wholesale!!
    Jarred

USAF, Heavy Aircraft Mechanic by specialty but currently a Quality Assurance Inspector/Weight & Balance Program Manager.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

I am a Quality Assurance Tech. at a dog food plant. We make all different kind of foods. My job it to run a lab and test all kind of incoming ingredients and finish product as well as making sure that people put the right food in the bag, right best before date code, right shape,size, make sure it is palletized on a pallet right, the right labels on pallets,and plenty of paper work that goes a long with it. Then I come to Simply to relax and share things among this great community!
    ~Josh

I am an Aerospace Engineer (electrical discipline) for the Department of the Navy. Although I am a civilian (already did my active duty time) I work for a military command called NATEC (Naval Engineering Technical Data & Engineering Command). I support Naval Avaition Squadrons around the world through distance support (email), local support in San Diego and on site global support. I get to travel a whole bunch to say the least. I'm sort of like the airplane Maytag man. When they can't fix it, I do. LOL!

I love the Navy and I love the job. The only problem is there are no discus involved. LOL!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Use to be an industrial hydraulics engineer at a mfg plant, was laid off, and now I'm a community college student.
    Last edited by Darrell Ward; 08-12-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Darrell

Well, Iam an boring accounting clerk for a Credit Union in a 2 horse town in Northern Alberta.
    Second occupation is water changer to 4 tanks right now, that keeps me pretty busy.
    Interests include my new hubby(old relationship LOL),my fish,dogs(boxer and pug),horses, and mostly movie watching.

Registered Member

Right now my main job is sitting on my butt and filing unemployment every week! Thanks to my stupid former employer moving plants to Mexico. 17 years there with no sevrence (?) or nothing much anyway ($8000 BEFORE taxes) I have to admit I am enjoying my time off, and it is FLYING by. I'm 46 and have worked on record since I was 14. At two places total, well three if you count the bartending for a year between the two. So a break is good.
    Biggest complaint is I just built a house two years ago on land that has been in my family for over 100 years. Therefore I will have to pull out all of my 401K and company retirement funds to pay off my house. You know what kind of penalties and taxes I will have to pay on that? I'll loose 30% right off the top, then another 10% for early withdrawl. Oh did I mention I am also single household now! Ok I'll stop it, sorry to vent, deep breath...
    As far as hobbies I like to grow giant veggies for competitions. I hold the record for biggest watermelon ever grown in Indiana. It was as big as a bale of hay, (not the giant round ones, the old fashioned square ones) and weighed 232 pounds. It was my first attempt and the only attempt I had that year. I missed being the biggest in the world that year by ONE pound. I've been trying to beat it ever since with melons weighing 196, 182, 160, etc etc. I usually grow every other year now and was glad I took off this year as it has been a cool Summer, record cool for July. I like Dobermans, all colors especially red, have had three in my adult life, just lost my last one two years ago. I'll have another some day, meanwhile I'll just cut up with my Uncles.
    Sorry for the journal, it's boring being unemployed ... uncle white ...

Registered Member ifixoldhouses's Avatar

Well... I fix old houses self-employed general contractor.
    Brian

Can't remember if I ever posted on this thread...so here goes...I invented velcro nad now do nothing other than collect fat checks and raise discus! Right...

I manage a private Country Club in North Jersey, golf anyone?

Rodrigo

Cool occupations on here...

My wife and I have an office together.

We are in private practice as mental health therapists-- lots of marital and substance abuse therapy-- individual, couples, family and kids.

My dream office-- someday would have 2 large tanks on flanking walls--- a large planted Discus tank on one wall and a large saltwater coral tank on the other with a huge fish room for supporting equipment.
    Lynn

Dunkindonuts store manager and I just come to States 3 yrs ago. the good thing is I'm still single that's why I have so many discus in my own condo .
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast