ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your main job.

Registered Member

Default Re:what is your main job.

My MAIN job is keeping the bride happy so she will let me do all my hobbies : I am retired (for 6 yrs now) after 30 yrs at Kodak.
    Hobbies...DISCUS,I love watching them,taking care of them,trying to get them to breed (not a whole lot of luck ,yet). Playing with my grandson....Collecting M.Jordan stuff...And next to discus my biggest hobby is our cars...I have been "into " cars since I was old enough to read all the car mags.We currently have 3 in the garage,wating for the dam snow to go away...4 more inches last nite....we have a 39 chev street rod,49 Hudson and a 71 chev chevelle convt.,which I drag race a few time a yr against other car clubs.Also enjoy going to drag races,we just got in last nite from Las Vegas,where we went with 5 other couples for the races,which wrer great and while we were there we also got to go to dinner with our discus friends Steve and Marci Warner

Sure Ron,

Rub it in!

-al

Registered Member

My occupation is a Respiratory Therapist, I work in the NICU with the premie babies. I also do fixed wing medical transports all over the world.
    I am also a musician and DJ. I have been playing music and singing for allmost as long as I have kept discus.

Paul

Registered Member ReeferKimberly's Avatar

I have two jobs,
    I go to highschool and am almost done with my junior year. I am keeping my grades up so i can graduate early and go on to probobly major in genetics and breed discus (first dream) OR be a cj <----criminal justice major and be in the FBI.

AND, my other "job" is being a cashier and smoothie maker at jamba juice here in NO. Cal.
    kim :-*

Registered Member

I'm an airline pilot, so my primary job is standing in security lines! Other hobbies - Snowboarding, cycles - motor and bike.

Registered Member

Hi all ,

Besides being an avid flyfisherman and always combing Simply for advice (this board rocks) I paint houses and cut hair as a side job . I did that for over 20 years and just got burnt on it (my wife loves the fact that she hasn't paid for a cut in over 10 years LOL).

Hey Mench, I'm going to Englishtown for the Mopar parts Nats . been doing that since 71 ! Besides loving my fishies , there is nothing better than nitro in the air !

David

Registered Member

Hey David,great races weren't they??? I saw them on tv,but next yr I am going,my daughter and son-in-law live in NYC,so I am going to stay with them and go to the races...All most got the 71 Chevelle ready for the races,just need a new torque converter with a higher stall speed to handle the new rear end and the engine.

Mench

;D

well i'm a machinist by trade. i've worked in job shops, tool and die and one mold shop. i've run everything from bridgeports, lathes to CNC's and EDM's.

my hobbies/pastimes include
    fishing and hunting
    car audio
    and car's in general. i currently have a 94 camaro that i'm working on. goal is 500hp. i've got a compition cams extreme energy cam sitting on my table waiting to be put in. but i'm replacing the timing chain, doing a vented opti swap, changing to impala gaskets to gain compression and plan to port and polish the heads some. the cam will max out a .555 lift with the 1.6ratio roller rockers. car has single 3" flowmaster all on a LT1 6 Speed running 4:10 gears 8.5" 10bolt with moser axles. supercharger is in the works. ;D

Registered Member

I work at an aquarium shop and go to college studying to be a high school english teacher. Other hobbies = playing bass guitar, bicycles, music, and tattoo art. ;D

Registered Member

Computer Software Developer. - Other interests are cycling, auto racing, music.

Registered Member

lets see my main job is father and husband to a wonderful woman who lets me keep cbw in the fridge makes beefheart mix etc, my children are both girls 7 and 3 whom are wonderful as well and put everthing else in perspective. we adopted them from china. i'm also father to a grwing # of discus as well as 2 dogs 2 cats goldfish etc. my other job is as an family psychiatric nurse practioner and an adult medical nurse practitioner. briefly i evaluate and prescribe medications for a variety of conditions. then i rush home to my real job. bryant

I run my own graphic art business from home. I mainly do advertisements for one large advertising company and a few other smaller freelance things, like business cards etc. Keeps me very busy - too busy in fact. I have 7 fish tanks too and 1 cat so never a dull moment here. I spend alot of time on the weekends scouring round the aquarium shops while my boyfriends at work (hes a bookmaker on the horse racing on saturdays) and i rarely walk out of a fish shop empty handed. By they way brewmaster, i have a red devil as well as my discus and other fish and didnt know about simply cichlids till just know. Im joing up there tomorrow! Wish id heard about simplycichlids sooner. See you there!
    Yippy

Registered Member

I work for lawyers in the accounting departmet in NYC. Since middle school I always enjoyed mathematics. I like working with numbers and like organization...(not to the anal point though). I consider math an art in a way...

-Tom-

The stairs that Tony builds ;D

I work for Royal Oak Circular Stairs as a Journeyman carpenter/Shop forman/Master Stair Builder : Not so much of a "master" : As Ive mastered little...Everyday is a brand new learning experience as nothing is EVER the same!
    I build Custom straight and circular hardwood stairs for people with waaay to much money : Such as the ones below....which were just finished today, and are destined for Great Falls Montana.

Here ya go...

And another view

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast