ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your main job.

Registered Member

Default Re: what is your main job.

Environmental, Health and Safety Manager for an aerospace parts manufacturer. We make the seats for pretty much every commercial aircraft out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnotjane View Post
    Environmental, Health and Safety Manager for an aerospace parts manufacturer. We make the seats for pretty much every commercial aircraft out there.
    We need to talk... I am 6'2... and a part time contortionist when flying commercial airlines. Who decided it was healthy to squeeze a human body in those things!

I realize you are probably not in charge of the health and safety of those sitting in the seats but rather, the manufactures' workforce... I just had to take the opportunity
    ​Greg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie

I'm a nurse working as the assistant clinical director of a respiratory medical equipment provider serving several states in the north east. Aside from that, I enjoy good ol family quality time with my fiance of 9 years and our 5 year old son. Most recently I've been enjoying my 10g aquarium whilst dreaming up and planning my discus tank which is still in the research and plan phase. I work long hours and at the end of the day, staring into a beautiful fish tank seems to melt all my stress away.

Registered Member

Let's see... Driver, plumber, electrician, carpenter, handyman, bank, pool boy, landscape guy, pest control, guard-mostly against boys, painter, vegetable farmer.. I live at home with females.. AND YES in my spare time I'm the Marketing Director for a mobile HVAC corporation. My project list seems to get bigger every time I'm back in town... I know when I was 18 my ultimate wish was to be surrounded by females but this is not quite what I had in mind...

Threads going on 12 yrs. Lol. Skip back to the beginning and we see some old names!
    The simply team has done an excellent job protecting the information shared here

Quote Originally Posted by limige View Post
    Threads going on 12 yrs. Lol. Skip back to the beginning and we see some old names!
    The simply team has done an excellent job protecting the information shared here
    Thanks Mike!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Mat

I'm a machinist with a current specialty in CNC turning. Some hobbies of mine include hunting everything I can in WNY, fishing, occasional wildlife photography, playing my guitar, and all things firearms related. Above all else my number 1 priority is my 2 boys ages 3 and 1 and my loving (but sometimes not understanding) wife. I've had fish tanks most of my life but never anything worth talking about. I just recently was introduced to discus and that has lit a fire under me to finally start a tank worthy of showing people. Unfortunately just as soon as my tank started to take shape, it sprung a leak and left me scrambling to get my fish safe. Now once the new silicone sets up its time to start it over again. So far this forum has proved to be an invaluable resource to any questions that have came up in my dive into this world of discus.

Simple... professional firefighter, not quite as intellectually challenging as many of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by we4wieners View Post
    Simple... professional firefighter, not quite as intellectually challenging as many of the above.
    Challenging.? You do a job that few are capable of and you save lives...sounds like an admirable job! Thank you!
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Steve stpierre

I work for the city of Laconia. (Traffic lights and signs)

Real Name
    Dave

Well when I joined here I was an ammunition inspector working as a civilian for the department of the army, then in August 2012 the depot where I worked closed due to completion of mission.

I went on severance for a few months and then took a pay cut to get another federal job and currently am a Program Assistant for NRCS a division of USDA dealing with farming, earth erosion, and such (this is pretty much a glorified secretary).

Here shortly I will be an Admin Assistant at the VA in Walla Walla, WA (I have accepted the position and am just waiting to hear when they want me to start).

I also have owned my own photography business since January 2009, as well as a health supplement distributorship since March of 2014.

Dave
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by we4wieners View Post
    My father-in-law is a retired fire chief and I have worked with fire fighters for all of my 20+ years in the EHS field. You guys rock!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
    We need to talk... I am 6'2... and a part time contortionist when flying commercial airlines. Who decided it was healthy to squeeze a human body in those things!

I realize you are probably not in charge of the health and safety of those sitting in the seats but rather, the manufactures' workforce... I just had to take the opportunity
    LOL! I get that a lot! I just make sure those who make the seats (per the airline's design engineers drawings and specs) don't get hurt or sick while on the job!

still a machinist myself. back when simply got its start I was working tool and die doing automotive work. these day's I've been working on oil and gas valves, so i'm one of the few bummed about the low gas prices. its halted work, we are barely keeping busy on a skeleton crew here at the shop. seems like this trade is up and down no matter what field of work. i'm about ready to find a normal brainless job, lol.

Hi I work as the project Director for a large structural steel fabrication company, based in Ningbo China, the majority of our clients are in the oil and gas industry based in the USA, so I usually have an annual trip to visit clients starting in Vancouver then heading down to Tulsa and Houston, I look forward to this as I can get some good quality food, usually the biggest steaks around

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast