AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: what is your main job.

Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: what is your main job.

I am a nurse in a busy cardiac unit. We take care of people after heart attacks, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, pace maker or implanted cardiac defibrillators or electrophysiology procedures. I tell people I am a severely underpaid drug pusher. It can be very stressful at times when people have lethal arrhythmias or bleed from their large spurting artery when you’re pulling the sheath (small tubes) out of their groin. Coming home to a serene beautiful tank of discus helps me settle myself as I call it.
    I also kayak and see manatees, dolphins, alligators, stingrays and turtles etc. I also like movies, a good novel or a good band or comedy show-all stress relieving escapes for me. Wait, I almost forgot beer. I love a good beer and a great meal with good friends.
    Great idea Henry D! Enjoying this thread.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gabriel

I'm a Quality Assurance inspector for wind turbine nacelles at a composite company here in Florida. Very fun job and never boring.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I write software for a living, love it and been doing it since 1981. I work for a large defense contractor so mainly write software to support simulation and training systems for the Army and Navy. Currently I'm writing system software for a first generation ATE system.

I'm a tomboy at heart and love to fish, dive and use to hunt with my dad. I'm currently into horses, reef tanks and soon discus. I have had both fresh and saltwater aquariums off and on since I was a kid. I have one daughter who graduated in May with an engineering degree and she just started her first professional job today. Proud of her. Someday I hope she will make me a grandma.
    This was a post from 2010 when I first joined the forum, had no discus and was since working. Since that time I have retired (2013) and am loving it. Besides fish I have also gotten passionate about photography.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

This thread has legs. I responded to it a long time ago.

I am still grooming dogs but just part time now since this back thing came upon me. I hope never to be forced to retire because I love what I do. I'm quite fond of many of my clients. I have time to chat with them and a few have become almost friends. I have only had to fire a few of them. I try to make it so they are firing me, but I have had to be more direct a couple of times.

I work in a very small town where relationships are easy to make if you're open and honest. It's more satisfying than when I worked in the city and had employees and had dogs flying out the door. Money isn't everything. All I want is enough to live my simple live comfortably.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Dave

So I responded to this thread a long time ago, and since then I have changed jobs.

I still am a photographer when not working my 9-5 bread and butter job (i.e. it puts the bread and butter on the table for the family.

Now I am a Supply Technician (fancy name for credit card holder/purchasing agent) at McNary Lock and Dam in NE Oregon on the Columbia River. I take purchase requests, turn them into commitments, send the commitments for approval, and then I purchase the approved requested items for the dam.

So I basically sit at a dam desk in an office in the middle of the hydro-electric dam all dam day

On 01 March 2019 I will have completed 25 years federal service and will be 1.49 months shy of my 49th birthday.

I also am raising two boys (one eight year old in third grade, and one 18 year old Senior in High School); my wife helps with raising our sons.

I am hoping to retire from federal service once I have my 25 years in, but I may have to wait until my minimum retirement age of 57.

Retirement would mean working for myself as a photographer or working a job three days a week which then would allow me more free time for bicycling (which I do to help control my diabetes), helping the teacher in my youngest son's class, and being able to help more with household projects.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Jody M.

I am a manager at a fortune 50 company here in the U.S. and work on healthcare data integration. Most of my work involves the main hospital source system vendors for electronic health records. Details are important in my work, and being detail-oriented is part of why I enjoy Discus!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Combo Nations

Hello everyone I currently working for a building contractor I really love pull up on build site look and see all the lumber in piles, A few months latter pull up and look the lumber piles are gone a nice house sitting there and can say hey I helped build that house it is satisfying to the soul for me building things with my hands i also weld fabricate I love to hunt and fish ride fourwheelers , motorcycles , and horses. i love anything shooting reload my own bullets tinker with my rifles (gunsmith) just see how good can get one dialed in how close can get each bullet to the other and I have really come to love and enjoy these tanks and fish i think i am gonna get bit by the discus bug if I haven't been bitten already

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

I didn’t know this existed. So I’m a compliance manager for a chemical distribution company. I make sure our company is in compliance with EPA, DEA, DOT, IMDG, FDA, TSCA just to name a few. I also do HR, I supervise the purchasing department and warehouse department. So technically, I carry many titles. I was a former General Manager for BJ’s wholesale club and I currently do social media marketing every chance I get. Lastly, I am a full time student at FIU working on my bachelors in Psychology.

All of you that need formaldehyde, metronidazole, levamizole in bulk, I can get it for you �� We mostly specialize in paints and construction but we do some personal care and pharma ingredients as well.
    Last edited by Mando; 01-09-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    dave

i am college student

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ryan

I am a land surveyor. I worked at a large corporate firm for about 10 years, got tired of being stuck in the office everyday and started my own company about 2 years ago. Now I work twice as hard for about the same money

Registered Member
    Real Name
    dave

As I said before I am student of international college in NY. My major is web desigh. Now I am working on argumentative essay outline like on this page . In the future I want to create my own visual 3 d novels.

Registered Member

Adebayor revives the thread! Welcome! Where do you live and what is it that you study?

Real Name
    Mervin

I have just retired from nursing and love it.

Real Name
    Shan

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    I have just retired from nursing and love it.
    Thanks for all your help over the years. We need more nurses!

My wife is 1 year away from finishing her BSN and she's looking forward to being a nurse as well!
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Registered Member

I hope to think about retire as soon as Little Ricky figures out if he is going to work as a patent attorney. Or I may not get to retire if he decides to pursue a Phd in something. Then I can retire. In the meantime I work for one of the worlds largest banks advising their high net worth customers, both business and personal, about their bank accounts and investments. I used to be a financial advisor but what I do now is easier and less stressful so I am good to go to 80 years old if my brain and eyesight (still 20/20) hold up.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast