AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: wat do you do with all the fish?

Registered Member

Default wat do you do with all the fish?

hi ,
    i was wondering what everyone does with all their baby discus once they havent got room for them all ?
    does everyone sell them to lfs???
    is this easy do arrange ?
    how often do u have batches of baby discus per year say?

basically wat do u do with them all?

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Default Re:wat do you do with all the fish?

I think it depends on where you live. In heavily populated areas there are lots of fish stores and wholesalers, not to mention other discus enthusiasts. Those in rural areas will find less opportunities for sales .

Registered Member ReeferKimberly's Avatar

Default Re:wat do you do with all the fish?

well if i ever get the chance to have some fry ...i already made a deal with a pretty large lfs that specializes in discus. They said they would give me $10 a piece per quarter sized discus. they also said they would take up to 100 a month, but they know culls so they want them to be B grade and above. I only have fish that are "good" to breed so i'm not worried about getting total cull spawns (of course i'll have some i need to cull but i think my fish are pretty good so it wont be too much of a problem). I think i struck a gold mine with this store. It is huge and i know they sell A LOT of discus....who knows, if my fish will just get started for me maybe i could make some money . but i wont count my fry until they hatch...
    kim :-*