AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: How to avoid bubbles?

Default How to avoid bubbles?

I use straight tap water with same temperature as in the tank. I get lots of small bubbles that stick to discus. I don't think it's good for them. Anything I can do to avoid those bubbles??? Why I get them???

Default Re:How to avoid bubbles?

I get them all the time when I fill my tanks...all it it is is just air bubbles that's within the tank/water.... I've been doing for some time now and I've experienced no problems.....
    If I'm wrong please correct me....

A-

When I fill I see them coming out of the hose(tap water). It's very milky, after 15min they are gone in the tank. 8)

its ussualy not that harmful IME, except when the temperature is really cold outside it can drive the gasses in the water to the supersaturation point wich could be harmful too little fry

you can avoid it by arerating the water before you add it to the tank, or using a spray when filling, I've been playing around with 02saturaters and degassing columns/tanks but havent built the perfect one yet, doubt I ever will either.

Registered Member

I get the same problem with air bubbles from time to time. I have noticed that when I have the connection to the tap really tight with no leaks, it doesn't occur. I think it is being caused by air being sucked into the hose by the flow of the water when the connection is not tight. I haven't noticed any problems from it though, and it does clear up in a short time.