AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RO regen and PH/KH levels

Default Re:RO regen and PH/KH levels

Well, if your making some cash off the RO, cant be a bad idea! However, I still think filling up a barrel with tap water, letting it heat/aerate for a couple hours, pouring a few capfuls of Laguna water prep and filling the tanks doesnt get simpler. Just imo though! Actually, all I have to do with my water is pour the laguna in the barrel and fill the tanks. My holding barrel automaticly fills, heats and aerates. Water parameters are always the same. NOw if only I could potty train the discus and have them wipe the glass, Id be laughing.

Ro aint that much worse Ron, fill the barrel, throw in the Ro right, heat/airate, and its ready to go. I also dont have any nitrates or anything else in my change water this way.

Ive got measures on my holding tanks so i know exactly how much water is in there...measuring spoons for dishing out the Ro right, made 3 batches of water so far with the ro right and they've all had identical parameters

Wish i would have done it this way sooner!

Almost forgot, i gotta haul all my water up from the basement to the second floor : so that is a downside til i get a pump to move it up

but thats not too bad since the wife-to-be says i need the exercise, gotta love her

ROFLOL! At least she see's the positive side to it! More exersise! About the pump, you can get some Mag Pumps at a pretty good price at Big Al's! Or order them online at www.jlaquatics.com. They are in Vancouver so cdn dollars and no worries about shipping. Too bad we didnt meet a month ago! I just order 2 mag 9 pumps and 4 ebo heaters.

I remember when I got my 90G setup! I did 1 wc and then I bought me a python! Never again will I go back to the bucket! I took me hours to do a 25% water change, now half an hour! I feel sorry for you!

Well, if its that easy with the RO, all the better! I'll have to get some tips from you then when I setup my RO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12