ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: edgewater discus

Registered Member

Default edgewater discus

i'm new to this forum. i would like some help. i presently have 4-five year old discus. i hate to say how many discus i bought to wind up with 4 good ones. i am very dissatisfied with the breeders-importers i have bought from.
    i am inquiring about anyone's experience with edgewater discus operated by a man named frank in manorville.long island. he is about 30 miles from my home and it would seem best to try to see the discus personally but looks are decieving so i'd like to hear experiences anyone has had with edgewater-thanks

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Default Re:edgewater discus

I've not bought discus from Frank, but have seen many pictures of his discus posted on this forum and others. He knows a lot about discus and would be an excellent resource to help with any questions you might have about discus keeping. I would definately call him.

You can see several pictures of his set up here http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=8790 as he was the April Spotlight on SimplyDiscus

I have bought from Frank and I figure that your trip will be well worth the 30 mile drive.

Frank was honest and delvered exactley what I ordered.

In the last couple of weeks I also saw Frank post pictures on the daah.info forum of the fish he was sending out to other members.

feel free to IM me for more info.

mld4164

Registered Member

I wish I could trade places with you!! I have some very nice leopard ss's I'm growing out that I bought from Frank via Federal Express. Since I live in Tennessee, it's kinda long drive for me. I think enough of Frank's discus ability or whatever you want to call it to ask him about other breeders and sellers as well. IMO he's definately in it for the love of the discus as all breeders should be!!

Registered Member

Acorn54, you are a lucky one. I live in Idaho. That's where the potatos are grown, not Iowa. (Everyone mixes those 2 states up) I ordered some Schmidt Focke from Frank this month. He shipped them Fed ex and they arrived very well packed and I am very pleased with them. They are doing great, and my personal experience was very topped notched. I have ordered from Jeff at discusfarm.us, Mike at A Discus Dream, and I believe Frank is right up there with the Big Boys. Email me with any further info needed.

Enjoy your visit, I'm sure you will end up coming home with a few discus.

Les

Registered Member

thanks all for your info. i sent frank an email and am awaiting a response.

Registered Member

Frank,
    Is a up and comeing Discus God! He will treat You Right!
    Thats a fact

Cary Gld!

Registered Member

Acorn...
    See I wouldn't steer ya wrong?
    chuck

Registered Member

Good luck! 30 Miles and you can actually see the discus your gonna buy? I envy you!

I have bought some from frank. They are great.

You can't go wrong with his fish. It is even better that you could pick them up in person.

Registered Member

frank got back to me and said he usually only sells 10 week old discus. i was looking for 3 inch like chad sells. my reason mainly is because at that stage of development you can tell if the fish is a runt and if the colors are going to be what you want.
    i also had bad luck with usually a 40 percent survival rate into adulthood when i bought 10 week old fish-guy

Hmmm In that case did you try Cary at Greatlake discus. Or mike wells at discus dream. I would start there. I have not seen chad stuff my self but have heard good things about him.

Registered Member

yes i checked with mike wells and he said he had 3 discus of some type i don't remember. but i wan't to buy at least 6 . i sent an email to chad on monday i have yet to hear from him but yes all i hear about him is that he has excellent stock and all the customers i've read are delighted with his discus. i inquired to the customers on chad's guest list on his site and so far the one person that has gotten back to me has not had any die offs or runts from the discus she got from chad.
    i also sent an email to gary at great lake discus and have yet to hear from him

Registered Member

Guy, If you buy some of my 10 week old fish and they turn runted, I will replace them. They are usually about 2 inches by that time, not counting the tail. Frank 8)

edgewater discus?????? Frank??? Who's Frank???? Never heard of him!!!!!!!!!!

Darcy
    (Hi Frank, I'm BAAAAAACCCKKKKK!!!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast