AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visi-Therm Heaters

Registered Member

Default Re:Visi-Therm Heaters

Where can you order the deluxe model?

Registered Member

I saw the deluxe 200 watt in a fish magazine ad for about $20. I went to a tropical fish store and saw the same one for 35 and showed the owner the ad in the magazine. He matched the price and gave it to me for twenty dollars. I don't know if all tropical fish stores would match the price, but it's worth checking around. My visa-therm is working great in my 40 gallon tank.

Registered Member

My Visi-Therm 200w works fine. I got it free when I bought a used tank. Comes apart easliy, and I let all parts sit in the warm sun to dry out the moisture, and it worked fine on reassembly. Some moisture has entered the tube now after 10 months of constant use, but that can be easily remedied. It has to be set a few degrees higher to keep the water at 84 degrees but, hey, the price was right!

Real Name
    Brian

[quote author=ChienHsu link=board=1;threadid=9249;start=0#97378 date=1051808461]
    Hi!

I have Visi too. I like it. The only concern is that the heater can not go up above 90F. For those whose Visi heaters have condensation, you can call to the tech line and they may be able to replace it. I had the condensation problem with the heaters and they sent me new ones.
    Chien
    [/quote]

DITTO! Not bad if you already have one (one of my 300watt Visi's will not get a 10g tank over 89 degrees), but for about the same money you can get a titanium or stainless heater.

I bought my Visa-Therm Delux heaters in the local wholesale fish shop $23 for the 300 watt. If you need
    more heat I use two 300 watt heaters in my tank I can
    get the heat up to 94 degrees no problem.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12