ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: nitrobecter

Default nitrobecter

Can someone be kind enough to advise what good brand of the above product to use for my 250 litres tank. i am a newbee in this business of discus keeping.

:

Registered Member

Default Re:nitrobecter

David:
    I'm not sure what you are asking...I have checked nitrobecter on Google and a few other search engines with no results. Are you looking for something to reduce nitrates?

If so check out other threads here on pre-filter and using porthos or philedendrom in your tank. Lots of good advise are offered up by the members of this forum.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your advice.....

Perhaps I had not been very clear in my request. I wanted to know if there is any available bacteria cultures for use to induce the cultivation of the right type of bacteria for biological filtration inn my tank.

Registered Member

David,

There have been many products like you're talking about over the years and a lot of people don't feel they work very well. There is a new product called Bio Spira from Marineland that the fish stores swear works instantly. I haven't tried it so I'm not endorsing it, but if I Was going to try a product like that, that is what I would get. I am going to try it on a tank without discus to try to see if it works. Many people start this bacteria in their tanks with pure amonia. I think there is a thread on how to do it in the Beginners Section. It's called fishless cycling the tank.

Registered Member

If you're interested in the fishless cycle there is a thread 3 or4 lines above this one called Beginners Info Index and under that is Cycling Filters

Registered Member

David read this article I posted a while back.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=5807