ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 2!!!

Registered Member

Default Re:Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 2!!!

Congradulations Australia. I believe you have kept this thread open, with more activity than an actually web site[ I remember a few from years back that slipped into the dust].

To all you Aussie, Aussie, Aussie blokes

Just looking out my window .... snowing like crazy, again. Heavy snowfall warnings are out. I've had power outages since 4:30 pm .... good thing I have the discus tanks wrapped in 1'' styrofoam !
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Smokey

Ahhhh - only 32 more weeks till winter!!!!

Registered Member

hi aussie friends

just like to ask if any of yous interested in buying any of my breeding discus pairs?

i have a

breeding pair of P/B $400
    and
    scorpion snake skin male/ turq female $400

or both for $700

e mail is leesawan@iprimus.com.au

thank you
    Lee

Registered Member

Hi guys
    I have been extremely busy of late and havent been posting for a couple of weeks .
    Its good to see that the old thread will live on just like Walt Disney frozen and suspended in time !
    I am moving houses at the moment (I have been for 2 weeks now) and I have half of my stuff between the 2 houses , im just trying to work out what to do with all of the fish ,moving 44 tanks and 2000 fish is not going to be an easy task.
    I was considering selling the lot off but ive put too much hard work into them to be able to do that I Think .
    I am going to be selling off certain strains that i dont want to continue with as well as a few other species just to stream line the operation ,Id really love to have a holiday but it is too hard to do with all the fish .
    Any suggestions?

Jamie

Registered Member

wow Jamie, good luck with the move! touch wood I hope every single fishie makes it!

Chong

Registered Member

Jamie,
    So you haven't finished moving yet???? Gosh, I guess it is hard with 2000 fish.... I guess.. you can start selling your babies (if they are big enough), before moving... to help a little bit, and just keep your breeding pairs. Don't sell them all off, IMO, cause you might regret it and end up buying more once you get yourself establish in the new house. And trust me.... that will be more expensive. Although..... those rose reds..... yum!!!!

As far as holiday is concerned, as long as you don't have baby fish, you should be able to..... Adults are not hard to look after and you can leave them for a few days trip. We did that when we went to NZ a few months ago. We asked Scott's brother to feed them, although.... we had Rod close by in case of emergency... I guess.

So, when is the house warming party.....?? Don't forget to invite us.....lol

Regards, Ari

Registered Member

Howdey there Ari.
    I thought you had gone into hibernation!
    As always your sitting there with your fish net trying to scoop discus. Watch it jamie.

How is your baby comming along. soon ??? very soon ???

Smokey

Registered Member

Hey smokey. now i bump into you here. cannot seem to stay apart,can we. LOL.

Matt and Jamie - hope all goes well with the moving. fingers crossed guys.

I have been getting a bit frustrated trying to decide if i should risk getting racks made. I posted in WATER section to find out the weight of water. don't know if my floor can take it.
    This house is very very small and there's no where else to put tanks.Sad,but i may have to sell a few fish to make room for the ones i really want to keep. but how do you part with discus

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Hi Pascale,

Nice thing about the metric system is the measurements all tie together really neatly. 1 liter of pure water weighs 1 kg.

HTH

Registered Member

Smokey,
    Not long now.... only 4 more weeks to go... Well, basically after next week, I can go in at any time.... Scary and exciting at the same time. But, so far so good... my obstetrician thinks I am a star patient, so everything should go normal (touch wood). So, if I disappear for a few days/weeks in the next few weeks..... that means... the baby has arrived.....

Pascale,
    Is your house on a slab? If it is, it should be ok even though it is a small house. How big are the racks and the tanks you want? My house is a highset and I have tanks everywhere upstairs without any problem. I just make sure to put the tanks on top of the beam, so there is enough support.

Rod,
    Have to get you to come over after golfing one day..... cause the babies are getting big ;D ;D. Need more culling.... I think . This time we have the beer chilled for you.... lol.

Regards, Ari

Registered Member

Hi Rod - yes. so that gives me over 800L of water already.
    wanting to send you recent pics of your babies ( not really babies now) but my camera is really sh#!. i lie - I can't take good shots of them

Ari - no slab. old federation style home. which is actually really spooky.
    going off topic here but - under the house,its divided into small "rooms" and in one section,there is a hole in the ground. no way would i go under there. my husband did. this hole is big enough to bury a body.weird!but thats not what makes it spooky.its what goes on in the house....

but back to discus - my fish are growing and i need to make a decision

Pascale....put another thick sheet of plywood down on the floor before the rack. and run the same way as the floor boards. thats what i was told. but if you put more plywood.it spreads the weight more evenly over the beams.
    get the thick stuff. i had a few upstairs in an 80 year old building.and i was told to run them the same way as the floor boards. and the older wooden floors were half and inch thick. doesnt mean its the same there....

Ari...you cant just disappear. the babies crazy old aunt april in canada wants a report. ITS A BOY!!!! Or ITS A GIRL!!!!!
    scott or someone can post it surely...or you can ask for internet access and have it all posted as soon as it happens!! surely.....you can.....lol.
    Rod has to come and cull mine first Ari...theres a few there for him to cull. unless they manage to cull themselves first..
    id like to see pics too Pascale....im sure their turning into hansome boys and girls. Are you sure they dont want to come to canada so you wont have to worry about racks and making a decision on who you keep? it will solve everything. :P

Registered Member

Rod is correct - 1 liter = 1 kilogram.
    Glass wieghs 42 pounds per square foot.
    Discus weigh - 16 ounces per pound.
    Pascale -
    Remember the total weight is carried over a horizontal distance. And the total wieght is carried by the ''legs'' of the stand.
    Check out where the racks will be placed ... go downstairs and see if there are walls/support beams. Proberly are.

by the way; just what is going on in the house !!!!!!!!!

Hahahaaha I beat you to simplyangel fish..........

so, now you will be following ME....

Smokey

speaking of....www.simplyangelfish.com is now fixed. ryan didnt have a redirect link to it. so go try again. in smokeys shadow im afraid...lol. i was the second member . i now have no angels. : they ate my swordtail babies and got evicted. lol. they grew big real fast.

Registered Member

i just landed up on a religous site...
    simplyangels.com....D"OH

its simplyangelfish.com. oh well.

i have another problem - one of my 50gal has a leak and i have no spare tank to move the discus till i can do the repair. what a day!!

LOL Pascale. whooops...ok angelfish it is. maybe thats why it is that name..ryan might also have ended up there or told it was taken. hope you have been saved...while you were there. Hope you dont stay there instead of here....

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast