AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Discus, Just bought fish, HIH Problem!

Default Re:New to Discus, Just bought fish, HIH Problem!

oh...so another brisbanite eh? great.
    their gonna take over. a few on this forum....
    be sure to go check out the aussie aussie aussie 1 and 2 post...in locator section.
    your fish look like their settling fine. be sure to ask as many questions as needed.

Registered Member

hi all,
    thanks for the advice,
    do bristlenose catfish go ok with discus? as i have noticed that the discus continually attack the bristlenose. and can you feed your discus too much bloodworms? i have got some of the hikari stuff from annerly aquariums. they seem to like it.

thanks again,
    shane.

Registered Member

Hi Ari,
    do you know where i can get some more small discus around the brisbane area? i only have 8 small ones in a 6X2X2 tank. looking for some more, dont mind about colour, any would do.

thanks
    shane

Bristlenoses do well with discus. they might think his little bristles are yummy worms? they may leave him be soon.
    i had one with spots...and other fish kept pecking them. thought the spots were food.
    Make sure you quarantine though..if you get more fish from another source. But Ari does knows all the discus people. ;D

Registered Member

Shane,
    Bloodworm are good to feed discus.. and so far I have never fed too much bloodworm to my discus... They always seem to clean up all the food that I give them very well .

I always have bristlenoses in all my discus tank, except for baby and breeding pair tanks. They help me control the algae in the tanks and they don't seem to worry the discus too much. So, April is right... they will leave the bristlenoses alone soon enough. I don't think they are a good food source.... little cardinal tetras, on the other hand.... are a different story.. >.

At the moment, I know some people having a few batch of fry, but some not ready yet. Jamie might have some babies.... but I think he is in the middle of moving at the moment.... and he is in Sunshine Coast too.... or you can call or e-mail Rod. Just ask him directly what he has. I haven't been to his place for a while, so can't tell you exactly what he has.... IM me if you want to know his number or e-mail address. Or you can go to Aussie Aussie Aussie threat.... we all hang out down there....

Me?? I have a few babies... but they are only tiny now... not ready to sell and I have to do some culling as well before I do sell them.

I guess 6x2x2 is a bit big for 8 little discus.... Do you have smaller tanks you can put them in first??

April,
    No... I don't know all the discus people.....lol. There are a few new ones that I haven't met yet... but I am getting there ;D ;D.

Regards, Ari

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12