AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Violet Reflection

Default Re:Violet Reflection

Hi,
    Now I am not knocking Danny's fish here. I have seen some really nice fish that he has sold, but in this particular case and with these particular photos...I have to say that the eyes do look large for a 2 inch fish. Now it may be just because the pic is blurry and the eyes being red makes them stand out more? I don't know. Just my opinion.

Danny, can you try taking some additional pics? maybe that would clarify things. I'd also suggest taking a few pics of individuals in that tank, try to get them parallel with
    you, so that the whole fish is visible ..that may help.

Hi Milton, If you have the ability to visit Danny, then I think thats a great idea. its always a good idea, as then you can pick the best yourself, and you get the chance to ask lots of questions and maybe see something else that you like. Be prepared though to come back with more than you thought you would, often thats what happens. If I lived within 5 hours a major seller like Danny, I'd definetly make the trip.

take care,
    al

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

I will keep my thoughts of miles to myself.....

I have been to Danny's and he has great fish. He is a first class guy. I truely believe that you could buy any fish from Danny sight unseen and you would come out in very good shape.

-john

P.S. Danny is not a very good photographer but unlike some he is a great discus person.

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

I agree with Miles assessment of those discus especially comment number 3. That discus with the small pupil is clearly deformed and should have been culled. Any breeder who keeps and sells this kind of deformaties and tries to pass them off as quality is not a very good breeder in my veiw.

Rod it is a bad pic not bad fish. I thought Wayne of Wayne's Discus had a pretty good reputation.....

-john

danny wouldn't sell bad fish at all go see for yourself

trusty

Registered Member

Guys i think thats a bad pic not bad fish.

Hi dred

Since you plan on buying from him personally, I think you could care less about the fish you see in the pic or any comments made on them. You can pick your fish and I am sure Danny will respond to any question you might have.
    You will leave with Fish that you and you alone are happy with.
    We wont have to like them, then in the end it will be you who changes there Water, Feeds them and hey maybe even Breed them. Have fun picking and enjoy.

HTH Ronald

Registered Member

[quote author=John_Nicholson link=board=13;threadid=9386;start=15#99377 date=1052516566]
    Rod it is a bad pic not bad fish. I thought Wayne of Wayne's Discus had a pretty good reputation.....

-john
    [/quote]

are we talking about wayne or danny here john? not trying to side anyone but those fishes doesn't look like quality one that wayne is famous for. No offense..it's my opinion.

Photos can be distorted and Great fish can look like crap.... JMO This photo is bad of great fish.... Danny would not have culls in any of his tanks.... JMO

Danny go ahead and send them to me and i will post some photos for you.. LOL
    I would gladly take those fish knowing one day they will look like these:

Chad

Sly,

Danny is (and has been for a long time)a reseller of Waynes fish. On very rare occasions he may have something from someone else but that would be the exception not the rule. He has an excellent reputation for fish and on equally bad rep on his picture taking....LOL. I am the only one in this thread (I think) that has been to Danny's. He has great fish plain and simple. There is at least one individual in this thread (hint one of the first guys in) that is motivated by something other then fish.....

-john

Why doesn't Danny just post some better pics?

And I highly doubt nowadays, anyone is importing waynes strains, created in waynes hatchery in any kind of commercial numbers. that includes Jeff also.

in the pic above the fish doesnt look that great... JMO

here is another

here they look better,, better light better angle ETC

;D

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast