ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Violet Reflection

Default Re:Violet Reflection

BTW:

I didnt here Danny ask for your opinon Miles??? I guess you were just ofering it in kidness???

Chad

Registered Member

Great looking adults Chad! Looking forward to mine looking like those. Is the color different than the angel blue diamond as an adult?

I got mine from Jeff about 4 weeks ago and when I went to his store his stock looked very similar to Danny's despite the bad picture. When Jeff got his violets in I remember him telling Ryan in the chat room that he wanted to hold off on posting any pics until they grow out a little. IMO Danny probably should have done the same. I suggest that Danny should take some pictures 3 weeks if he has any left. I bought two from Jeff and should of bought more. Knowing now the popularity of these fish I would buy 6-8 of those from Danny.

JMO
    Greg 8)

Registered Member

I feel the frustration of a world class breeder that cannot respond to this thread because English is not his primary language. I suspect that even if Wayne were to write something, it would not be conveyed properly, and people would jump all over him. I think that Wayne breeds great fish, but the picture that is posted is not a good picture. Just because this is a lousy picture (sorry Danny!), we should NOT assume that Wayne has dropped his standards.

Posting a great picture is admittingly difficult. It depends on the quality of the equipment, the ability and patience of the photographer, the cooperation of the fish, and photo-editing software. While we cannot make big eyes smaller, we can edit that fish out of the picture!

Miles has very, very high standards for his fish, and most of my fish would probably be culls. Most people can probably settle for a little less. That doesn't mean that stunted, runted, egg-shaped fish are acceptable. Until they start cloning the 100% perfect fish, we just have to put up with genetic diversity. Picking out your own fish is the best way to get some fish that YOU want, whether they are A grade or B grade fish. Just don't get any C grade fish!
    Brigitte

Hello Everyone,

How can such far reaching judgements be place on discus that are 2 inches, and from a quickly snapped photo? I am sorry that Danny is being treated in such a manner from one single photo. This type of behavior helps no one.

Jeff
    Oregon

I am really sorry but Miles has no standards.........

He is good at back-stabbing.

alex

Miles wasn't attacking Danny, he was asking questions and critiqueing his product, wich as a consumer and member of simply he has every right to do!

his questions from what I read were valid, and although they were blunt and to the point, I read nowhere in them where he was attacking Danny's character.

If Danny wants to respond or post some better pics he can, If you guys want to bash Danny or Miles do it somewhere else, please!

Thank you Jason.

This is way out of control. Anyone who knows me knows I don’t get involved in many controversial posts, but this has gone way too far. Miles sand Danny both are friends of mine. Miles is entitled to his opinions without being called names, made references to the past, or ridiculed in any way. Danny is entitled to post any pic he wants without references being made about him.

Danny give us more pics please and show us what you have. I know you can take better pics than that. I have seen them. Do you need help? I will offer phone support. John would you be willing to help Danny take better pics since you live close to him if he is having trouble? Everyone says it is the pics. So lets get some better ones and put this to rest. Or post several other pics so we get a better idea of what they are. That might be the easiest way to get past this.

What I do not appreciate is any references to about, out front of, around the bush, how ever you want to say it about either of these two guys. As I said they are both friends of mine. This is strictly about the discus. Lets keep it that way. Remember you are in America and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and this is SimplyDiscus. We all agreed to abide by their rules as laid out in the Mission Statement and also posted in the photo gallery. Here are a few sentences taken from the mission statement “We also ask that you use common courtesy when writing replies and refrain from attacking or insulting other members. Members will greatly benefit from constructive criticism that is rational and polite.” If you would like to reread the whole Mission Statement here is the link: http://www.simplydiscus.com/mission_statement.html

And to quote Al regarding posting pics on SimplyDiscus from the Photo Gallery” Alot of hobbyist and breeders have complained, suggested strongly, and voiced their dismay that we frown on them posting negatives about what is obviously a substandard fish. We understand your point of view that pointing out the flaws in these fish, is beneficial to the hobby, and therefore we have decided That Pictures on this board may be openly evaluated to the general standards that breeders and hobbysist agree on. These comments should be made in a professional and civil manner.” The entire post made be read at: http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=6094

So all I like to see is common courtesy be given Danny and Miles. Please keep it about the discus.

Registered Member

John I knew danny got most of his fishes from wayne..no doubt about it..what I'm saying is the pics danny posted doesn't do justice to wayne reputation what danny can do now is to post another picture or 2 or perhaps u can help him out on this.

Registered Member

Let me start off by saying i have no loyalties to either Danny or Wayne, and do not know either of them.
    But based off that pic, i wouldn't call those high quality discus. Personally, i don't think it's the "angle" either.
    The things pointed out by Miles earlier in the thread are about the same as what i would say.

Tyler

Registered Member

I would like to see better pics of them to be objective.
    Paul

Jeff,
    That was a very well worded post, and I thank you for it and the manner in which you posted.

Chad, those are beautiful fish, but this posts discussion isn't about Danny's and Waynes quality in general. Its about the fish in that particular picture that Danny posted.

Everyone keeps saying its a bad pic. That a very strong possibility, but its not something thats difficult to remedy. Pictures can be taken again.

Please keep in mind every breeder out there has fish that may not be the highest quality from time to time. I am not saying this is the case here but I believe Danny Needs to take some better shots and put this to rest.

Keep in mind that a persons's reputation for fish is not justification to overlook if there is a chance that there might be a problem. I wonder what some of the other professional breeders out there would say here.

Aside from this post being about that pic, it is also burdened with some personality issues. I am tired of this, and If they Persist I will Lock this post and those involved will be dealt with. Those involved know who they are.

If anyone makes an attack against Danny's general fish quality and Business.... I will Lock this post, and deal with them as it goes against our sites rules.

If someone sees that there may be something wrong with the fish that are posted ... I will not allow them to be attacked over it. Miles is not the only one that questions those fish, and I know from experience here that if it had been other than a well known and respected seller, there would have been a far different set of posts here. This is the very reason why Ryan and I did not allow photo critiques in the first place on this site. This is very biased hobby.

Danny please repost some pics, and tell us some more about these fish. I know you have some very nice fish, and these may be as well, but the only way to settle this is to show some clear pictures.

If any of this is unclear, I will discuss with anyone interested off the board.

Thank you,
    al

Registered Member

Sorry If i added to any of the problem for you Al.....
    Danny,
    Please understand I am not attacking you personally. I would love to see more pics of these fish and others you may have.

Tyler

Registered Member

Here's My Vs from danny!

I bought them very small at 2" under My care they turned out to be show Quaity IMO + IME

Registered Member

Here's is other brother

Registered Member

Dam, I should have bought more of those VRs. Those are awesome.

Greg 8)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast