AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Any Good Preventive Medications to Give Your Fish BEFORE They Get Sick?

Registered Member

Default Any Good Preventive Medications to Give Your Fish BEFORE They Get Sick?

Is there a good medication out on the market that you can give to your fish to act as preventive before they get sick? If so please tell me what is it and how often do you add it too your tank? What about hex-a-mit or is there something possibly better?
    Thanks for your time.

Samcatj

Default Re:Any Good Preventive Medications to Give Your Fish BEFORE They Get Sick?

The best preventive medicine I know of...

A good maintanence routine...
    Good food...
    and a healthy dose of common sense...

do those three things, and you'll rarely run into troubles.

as for true preventive medication...Nope! you cant rid your fish of something that they dont have.

Tony

Registered Member

Default Re:Any Good Preventive Medications to Give Your Fish BEFORE They Get Sick?

You summed it up pretty well Tony! I especially like the common sense part. I was reading a magazine article the other day by Jack Wattley. He said the very best care you can give your fish consists of excellent filtration, excellent food, and 60-70% daily water changes.

Registered Member

As a prventative, I use alot of garlic in my BH mix. And as a bonus, we have not had a single discus lost to vampire attack! Frank 8)

Registered Member

Hello all : was using the Wattley community form. w/ garlic a while back. The fish liked it. Don't know if it helped prevent anything... as Frank said no vampires tho!LOL!! When I fed it to all the tanks in the one room I could smell the garlic the next day....prevented me from working on the tanks! Using form. 1 cubes now in place of it now. Also, I think they changed the format a bit on the garlic food. It looked more like the beefheart formula cube which creates a cloud in the tank. Later, Nightowl