ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Seeking Recommendation 4 Autofeeder

Registered Member

Default Seeking Recommendation 4 Autofeeder

Which units have worked well for you; - or what models to stay away from would be much appreciated. If I could swithch between programming for single-daily and double-daily feedings, it would be a plus. A larger hopper would be nice too, and a model that doesn't gunked up the outlet with wet food due to the inevitable bubble spray would also be good. Thanks.

Registered Member

Default Re:Seeking Recommendation 4 Autofeeder

I've never used one but I've heard the ehiem is a good one and I saw this one the other day at petsmart.

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shoppin...%5F16544.shtml

Also if you print out the web price they will honor the price in the store locally. Check out the price on the ac500 filters you can get them for $31.99 online and in the store they are $60 something. Print it out and they will match the price.

Love my Eheim. Good capacity, nice ability to regulate flow and multiple settings. Price is high but great capabilities.

Registered Member

Does the Eheim work OK with pellets as well as flakes? Just curiuous.

Chaz

I use the Rainbow one and it works well. Optional hoper and you can load it for months. Have used it with pellets.....no flake. I like that it is electric, not battery. You don't have to replace them, and if you go away on vacation and your power goes off, the last thing you want to do is feed when you have no filtration.