ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Ro water adjustment Quesiton

Registered Member

Default Ro water adjustment Quesiton

If the tank ph is 7.8 Kh is 4 Gh is 8 is there anyway of lowering the Ph using Ro water ... I would like to drop this down to around 7.2 wich is about the same as my Tap water .... the substrate in my Tank has caused the Ph to be so high whilst the stock I have in the tank are fine and getting bigger by the day I want to put some Adult Discus in and I appreciate that you can keep them in 7.8 as long as it is stable (I am also injecting Co2 now into the tank at 1 bubble per second for my plants)

could you give me your opinoins on what you think

Default Re:Ro water adjustment Quesiton

Angel,
    IMO, if you are injecting C02, I'd leave it alone. If you go softening the water too much, you run the risk of a crash. Your water is almost identical to mine. I keep a wide range of Discus from 2" juveniles to 8" adults in it with no problems. I like to have the water a little harder when doing Co2 it gives more stability to the pH over time.

JMO,
    RandalB

Registered Member

Default Re:Ro water adjustment Quesiton

Thanks for the input ive just run into another problem though with itch

best leave thing to settle down me thinks .. trying to do to much for the palnts has now affected me Tetras
    Oh well you live and learn ... The more you go into it the more problems you can cause yourself ... im learing the hard way .. but once again many thanks for your input .. there arent any clubs in My area where I can get advice So I am posting on here

(pardon my ramblings above im just talking to myself)