AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIR PUMPS

Registered Member

Default Re:AIR PUMPS

Agree that 80 watts is too much consumption. Even thought the pump is cheaper, I'd pay more in electricity in the long run.

In looking at the Jemco linear pumps. They rate the output in terms of "CFM". What does that stand for?

I've seen other pumps use the "L/MIN" measurement and I'm just trying to figure out how to compare the different ratings.

CFM= cubic feet per min which is a ton more then LM= liters per min

Registered Member

Jim
    I agree that you will not be sending the pump back.
    I love my 45, have never had any problems with it , it's quiet as a mouse, and it sure beats 5-6 small pumps cluttering up the place.

Paul

Registered Member

Better late than ever.

Has anyone heard of whitewater?

http://www.aquacave.com/Air%20Compressors.htm

Registered Member

I've seen these pumps marketed under lots of names. The linear pump is good, but looks pricey!

After looking into this for a while, I just bought the Jehmco #LPH26 and I am very happy with it! I could not beat it for the price, output, and power consumption. You get tons of output for a mere 26 watts. And the thing is extremely quiet!

Jeff

Check out "The Pump" for 20 tanks.40 tanks and 60 tanks. made in Japan. Expensive but the best. Most professional breeders are using them in Asia and Japan. Extremely quiet. Most shop can order it for you but none will carry them. It's a professional class air pump for minimun of 20 tanks.
    Jimmy.

Registered Member

i have a jehmco and its been great for 15 tanks though its only been 2 mos. bryant

Registered Member

No Bar check out aquatic Eco Systems. Get the same pump with a 6 month warranty for $74.00
    http://www.aquaticeco.com/aquatic1v1...assitemid=5879

Registered Member

[quote author=NoBarDiscus link=board=1;threadid=10007;start=15#107861 date=1055310392]
    Better late than ever.

Has anyone heard of whitewater?

http://www.aquacave.com/Air%20Compressors.htm
    [/quote]
    I have one of these Whitewater pumps. VERY NOISY!
    After using it for a day I called Jehmco and ordered one of the linear air pumps there. Now the two pumps put out the same amount of sound. (the white water is unplugged and on a garage shelf, the Jehmco pump is in my fish room. 'Nearly SILENT')

If you want the Whitewater I'll sell it to you for $60 plus shipping. Then you can pass it on to someone else after you get it.

John

I'll let you all know how well I likejehmco's linear air Model #LPH60
    60 watts
    2.4 CFM @ 2 PSI... once I run the lines

Last I checked I was running over 20 of those hagen maximas and to run the additional tanks in my racks I'd need more. I've already spent more in small pumps than I would have spent on this linear if I only new then what I know now(that I am a tank-aholic ;D with no cure in sight!)

I opted for the above to do my whole house(got tanks everywhere) and to aerate my water storage bins.

-al

Registered Member

I have the jehmco #LPH26 .9 CFM@2PSI Their smallest linear piston pump. It has been running for at least a couple of years. If my memory serves me right, I bought it used (~1 year old) and I have had it for ~1 year since then.

It is dead quiet (the bubbles it provides on my sponges is noisier than the pump itself) I am running 14 hydrosponges right now (at fairly high bubble rate) and the left over air is running in my water storage barrel. The barrel is well...dare I say more like a torrent! lots of air left. And the storage barrel is 5 feet deep so you know there is a lot pressure behind this pump. I'd give it an A+++ for dependability and output.

HTH

Daniel

Registered Member

I have one of these Whitewater pumps. VERY NOISY!
    After using it for a day I called Jehmco and ordered one of the linear air pumps there. Now the two pumps put out the same amount of sound. (the white water is unplugged and on a garage shelf, the Jehmco pump is in my fish room. 'Nearly SILENT')

John
    John,

My fish room is located in the garage so Noise should not be a factor. How is the performance otherwise?

Thanks for the input.

Registered Member

Otherwise the performance is fine. I had it hooked up to my PVC distribution system. I had it connected to 12 sponge filters and had to vent it to prevent too much back pressure.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12