ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIR PUMPS

Default AIR PUMPS

Anyone got a suggestion on a great air pump to use on 12 tanks. I'm using individual small pumps on each tank right now. Would like something powerful Thanks Jim & Diane

Default Re:AIR PUMPS

I have never heard a bad thing about Jehmcos linear airpump. I don't have one yet..but plan on it soon!

-al

;D

Registered Member

Yes, I have heard those lenear piston pumps from Jehmco are great.... Also looking forward to when i eventually pick one up for myself.

Tyler

Registered Member

I use "the Pump" model 20 from Hagen...I am using it on 16 tanks...super quiet and so far no problems..also the one from Jehmco is supposed to work fine.

Mench

Registered Member

ck out ebay an aquabid. found some good deals there.
    just watch what they want for s/h. some like to make money on it.
    got a linear "whitewater" for $76 bucks.
    i'm going to use smaller air pumps to start with an see how they work. in the mean time will be rigging up my pvc air lines for the big pump.
    pops ;D ;D 8)

Hey Dianne, call John @ Jehmco, I have the 25w linear pump from them & it's great, never have to worry 'bout air. Two weeks ago, had a power outage, luckily only lasted 2 hrs, but the pump & the inverter both from Jehmco worked well. (deep cycle battery) Dottie ;D
    http://jehmco.com

Model #LPH45
    45 watts
    1.6 CFM @ 2 PSI
    25-35 outlets This is a jehmco pump. Is 1.6 cfm @ 2 PSI enuff power to run 16 hydro sponges better then what the tetra tec 80's are doing. Thats what I have on each hydro right now. Thanks Jim & Diane

i did some homework and decided to stick with the maxima air pumps, the smallest maxima with two outlets usually runs around $15 and powers 5-6 tanks and only draws like 2watts.

2 of these pumps would probably do all 12 tanks and only use 4 watts of power. rebuilds are cheap too.

i really don't see much advantage to going to the linear piston pumps. 45 watts, come on. if you buy 7 small pumps to power 35 tanks thats a total of like 14 watts, plus they are easy to find rebuild kits and are cheap, you can expand as you need. the cost come out pretty close if your talking 35tanks but with 12 i'd stick with the small pumps, they use less electricity.

Registered Member

I have 25 tanks in the house and my problem with the small pumps is low pressure. I found that when I added an additional sponge filter or airstone bar to a tank I would have to adjust all the valves to balance things. I added a linear pump last year and looped my fish room with PVC at the ceiling (low ceiling in utility room) and when I drill a hole for a new tap there's still enough pressure in the line for everything else to keep going and when you set up a new tank you don't have to readjust any of the other valves. I have bought a Whitewater blower to replace the linear and am in the process of extending the PVC to the front rooms of the house.

Thanks all , I'm going with the 26 watt pump from jehmco. Talked to John from jehmco and he told me I have 30 days to try it. If I don't like it I can send it back and get a refund. Sounds like a deal!!!

Registered Member

Trust me Jim, you won't be sending it back

GARY

Registered Member

I'm interested in this pump.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2325998351

Has anyone owned it and are they happy with it?

Jeff I think thats more for a large single tank or maybe a couple med. sized tanks. 80 watts seems like a lot of power to run a small pump though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast