ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBW study

Registered Member

Default CBW study

I was told by a person that has dealt with tropical fish for almost thirty years, retail, wholesale, as a breeder of both fresh water and salt water, that the university in my home town was ingauged in a long term study on cbw.
    I asked are you sure and he said yes it was a two year study I have even supplied them some cbw.
    This person has been giving me information on and off for months and I have passed this information on to a couple of forum members that I have private e-mails with.
    Yesterday I met and talked with the biologist in charge of the study and was shocked to find out that the study was NOT being done on cbw but on TUBIFEX worms.
    I thought my source of information was very knowledgeable and was giving me reliable information. I was wrong.
    I truley apologize to the people that I gave any information to.
    Dennis Hardenburger

Registered Member

Default Re:CBW study

Say it isn't so Dennis. Say it isn't so. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Mat ;D

Registered Member

Registered Member

LMAO! ;D Frank

Hi Dennis,
    You passed on what you were told, Theres no fault to you on it. Thanks for posting this.

take care,
    al

Dennis....(or Mat)

Is this the same University study that Mat was refering to? I hope not...I was genuinely looking forward to any info that came of it...Good or bad. :-\

Tony

Registered Member

Yes Tony

Thats unfortunate...No discredit to you though. Or anyone else for that matter. **** happens :-\

Tony

Registered Member

Well, I am very disappointed that there will be no test. I have been waiting a year to read all about this, as it is a very in depth study. Too bad it is being done on tubifex and not cbw's.

However, just because this test will not support the disease transmitting capabilities of the cbw, there is still some credible information available. This does nothing to change my mind about them. It would have only served to support my beliefs and experiences. I only wish some of the people who came out of the woodwork contacting me and a couple others about the problems they have incurred AFTER introducing cbw's into their systems and what to do and how to do it would speak up. Perhaps acceptance amongst the forum members is more important than the truth. :-\

Anyway, please remember:

JUST SAY NO TO CBW's.

If interested, I will see what I can do about starting a 12 step program for the cbw users who are powerless over their obsession.

Registered Member

I think its time to get over it. Its getting embarrassing.
    I have seen no one here trying to change the minds of the chosen few.
    Respect that and let others feed their fish in their tanks in their homes
    what ever they want, with a little peace and quiet I might add.
    Weather its blackworms, beefheart, or trout chow. It just doesn't matter
    except to the person who is doing the feeding.
    JMO

johnlee

well said johnlee, to back that up i might add, even though many praise beefheart i choose not to use it. my fish still grow great and seem to be quite healthy. and i don't have to worry about fouling the water up if i don't have time for wc's.

instead i feed CBW ;D

Registered Member

I didn't want to start the whole debate all over again here, just apologize to those that I gave wrong information to.

WE all feed and do what we feel is best for our fish our other pets and ourselfs, and there will always be differences of opinions.
    Dennis

Amen Dennis, amen!
    -al

Now Mat has to buy CBW, Mat I will even ask Dan to send you a pound on my tab... whatcha say!!!!

Dennis honest mixup, many mistake Black worms for tubis and vice versa, and it wasn't your mistake in anycase....

Registered Member

Dennis and Mat

Not much you could do about it.

Can you talk them into doing a cbw study after they wrap up on the tubifex? it seems that it may be a good followup for them and they should be able to use some of the same tests.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast