ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: times are wrong

Registered Member

Default times are wrong

All entries on my computer are reading PM yet it is AM.
    Also can not delete emails.
    Anyone else or is this just me
    Fisheyes

Registered Member

Default Re: times are wrong

Did you have a power failure recently?

There is a battery inside your computer that maintains the time when you have the machine turned off. This battery has probably died and just needs replaced. You can buy replacement batteries at Radio Shack. Just pull the old one out and bring it in. The battery looks like an oversized watch battery.

Jeff

Registered Member

its is also called a CMOS battery and they are relativly cheap as the above post says just replace the existing one on the motherboard ...

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

The CMOS battery went out on my computers at work. The time was incorrect for months on the computers, but it did not alter the operation of the computers.

It's true they only cost a couple of dollars, but I don't know my motherboard from my mother-in-law and had to have IT install it for me.

If your computer is old enought for this battery to fail you need a new computer with windows 2000

Registered Member

It wa soverload from my cookie dept .All is well now since I deleted them

Fisheyes

Registered Member

The only cookies on my computer are the crumbs in the keyboard from the late night OREO & Milk Hungerpains... You can mod your internet settings so that the are not collected at all .. by doing this though it will erase sights like Simply where you may have taken advantage of the option to always stay signed in.. you can also limit the amount of space they consume as well. Alot of the newer pop up adds like to install themselves here to continiously pop up wether or not your even online. Download Adware6.0 and it will fix most of this.
    - Hugh -