ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you heat your holding water?

Registered Member

Default Re:How do you heat your holding water?

April, no problem. I have a new batch of little lamb frys just hatched. But there’s only one black sheep in the batch.

Did you want them cooked first? I can whip up a great Lambs Fry Casserole.

Btw, I did end up getting a VIA for ony Aus$32. I think my delusion of $150 was based on a JA.

Registered Member

O.K. - VIA - not familar that brand. $32.00 seems resonable. How well does it work ? Is it doing the job, you expect ?

Smokey

P/S. I will have mine bbqed, with lime .

Registered Member

Via is a junky brand made in China, Smokey. It does a great job for a holding bin though! I put a 300w in an 80litre. It brings the water from 14c up to 29 in about 2 hours (is starting Winter here in Sydney. In summer it would take about 3 minutes!). Normally I age the water 24, but wanted something that could do it quick in case there was ever an emergency. Have also started using an old 800l/ph submersible pump last night. I’ve had it for over a year, but decommissioned it as I was sus that it was trying to electrocute me.Do you know how to check if it’s leaking voltage into the water? Besides... “Stick your finger in and see if you survive”

Bass i will take my baa baa black sheep on the hoof please. bottle fed so it will go for walks with me. and a leash and collar also. surely i can sneak it in my apartment on the 5th floor. i will groom it in a poodle cut. : ))
    glad you got that all worked out bass. : )) winter eh? is that like a cold 25 celcius? brrrrrr.....i say. lol. thats our summer.

Registered Member

O.K. - Listen up here>>>> It is June the 6th ... Step outside you can see your breath. Yup , it is still "COOL" up here. The bears are coming outa hibernation and they are hunger ... and mean ... and nasty .... and they smell... Well so would you if you had not had a good "dump" in 5 months !!!!!!!!!!!

One good thing ---- it has not snowed in 7 days, now !

Bass - well, you could try your tounge... Always worked for me. LMAO ......

AHHHHH - if you get a tingling feeling, when you put your hand in the water ... yup, it is leaking stray volts. Could be a crack in the chord.... AHHHH don't worry - it's only 240 v. Not like it will kill ya....hahahahaha ... dump the pump.
    It's not good for the discus...

April, you just quite fooling around with THEM thar sheep, eh, Or we will START refering to you as "MARY - MARY" !!!!!
    Just what the world needs ... lol.

Smokey

Registered Member

O.K. - Listen up here>>>> It is June the 6th ... Step outside you can see your breath. Yup , it is still "COOL" up here. The bears are coming outa hibernation and they are hunger ... and mean ... and nasty .... and they smell... Well so would you if you had not had a good "dump" in 5 months !!!!!!!!!!!

One good thing ---- it has not snowed in 7 days, now !

Bass - well, you could try your tounge... Always worked for me. LMAO ......

AHHHHH - if you get a tingling feeling, when you put your hand in the water ... yup, it is leaking stray volts. Could be a crack in the chord.... AHHHH don't worry - it's only 240 v. Not like it will kill ya....hahahahaha ... dump the pump.
    It's not good for the discus...

April, you just quite fooling around with THEM thar sheep, eh, Or we will START refering to you as "MARY - MARY" !!!!!
    Just what the world needs ... lol.

Smokey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123