AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Help...Purchasing Discus from Breeders/Hobbyist in Seattle Washington.

Registered Member

Default Help...Purchasing Discus from Breeders/Hobbyist in Seattle Washington.

Hello, my name is Katri. I am new to SimplyDiscus. I am a 17 year old exchange student from Finland, living in Montana. I have kept fish for 10 years. I am looking for a Hobbyist/Breeder in the Seattle Washington Area to purchase Red Turquoise, Blue Turquoise or Red Rio Purus Discus between July 7th and 9th ( I wil be in the area then). Please email me if you have any available.

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re:Help...Purchasing Discus from Breeders/Hobbyist in Seattle Washington.

I don't know anyone in Seattle, but there's a ton of people in Portland, OR with nice discus. Is that too far to drive?

Willie

Registered Member

Default Re:Help...Purchasing Discus from Breeders/Hobbyist in Seattle Washington.

The problem in sending is that I do not have the hotels address where I'm going to stay 2 days in Seattle. And it would be pretty difficult and expensive too. I don't drive by myself and I don't know am I even allowed to go so far.
    But thanks anyway

Real Name
    Willie

Katri;

Seattle has a decent Chinatown and I remember a fish store within Chinatown that had decent quality discus -- not great, but decent. I also passed a store called Discus King, but was told by a local that their discus was of poor quality. Still, its worth checking into.

Have fun on your trip and bring an umbrella. Seattle has more rainy days than any other major city in the U.S.

Willie

there should be no rain in seattle in july.
    how about mat. ? hes in the tacoma area. im sure he knows whos who around there and maybe he even has some available?
    hes discus_nw on here. Mat???/ can you help out katri?

How about NW Discus Hatchery in Stanwood? I know nothing about them as far as health and quality..... they're just north of Seattle maybe 50 miles?(rough guess)

www.nwdiscushatchery.com

again... Mat could probably enlighten us here.

Tony

Registered Member

what part of montana are you living in now?

p.s.: great picture.

Registered Member

Thanks for all the answers! I have discussion going on with mat. He is helping me out.
    I'm from Corvallis, ravalli county in the western part of MT...why?

Katri

Registered Member

just curious, i have been to montana several times and love the western part of the state. are you near missoula (sp.), butte or billings, im in colorado.

Registered Member

yep. I'm living like one hour away from Missoula. It's north from us.

Registered Member

check instant message.

Registered Member

Kantarelli
    Mat should be able to help you out.
    I didn't know there was a Corvallis, MT
    I live in Corvallis, OR
    Good Luck and have fun in Seattle
    Dennis