ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish Food: The Real Deal

Registered Member

Default Re:Fish Food: The Real Deal

Daniel,

Excellent article.

For a 16 year old, you are well on your way to a promising career. I am currently working as a technical editor, and I have to admit, your article is excellent.

Continue the outstanding effort, and if you need someone to proof your efforts, I will be happy to do so.

And yes, pictures help. Ensure they are of good quality and show well on the Internet.

Registered Member

Thank you, but it really isn't my best work. You mentioned that you are a "technical editor." What does a technical editor do? Also, who are you an editor for? Anyway, thank you for the compliment

Registered Member

so all and all, which brand of flakes food do u guys prefer? i tried using some information that daniel had given to find a good and nutrisious food. but after using it, i find that it clouds water and my discus dun like the food.

Registered Member

It has been about a year since I have written this article. I personally, prefer Spectrum out of the three foods I mentioned. However, as far as a good flake food, wet thumb aquatics is a good place to buy flake food from. Also, ON is a good food in my opinion. Omega is ok, but there are better foods like WTA that many people do not know about.

Registered Member

Very nice article, keep up the good work, IMO ON is one of the best food's, but thats just me ;D

Registered Member

Very nice string, excellent article. We are a tropical fish food wholesale company in Canada. We sell to stores, breeders and hobbiests all cross Canada and the US. We believe nutrition and Vitamins are the most important aspects to keeping healthy fish. If you are thinking about trying something different, give us a try. Your fish will let you know the difference.

Northern Aquaselect Food & Supply
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/joudekerk

The highest quality foods, available in bulk boxes, at wholesale prices.

Banned

Default Re: Fish Food: The Real Deal

Great article Daniel. I'm also a fish food nutrition nut, and a New Life Spectrum fanatic. I've written a few fish food nutrition articles that have been published, one of them being for Pablo Tepoot & his NLS line of fish food.

Here's an excellent read that was written by the inventor of New Life.
    http://nlsfishfood.com/index.php?opt...d=29&Itemid=63
    Last edited by RD.; 06-19-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Registered Member

very good!

pat.

Registered Member

THE REASON THERE ARE SO MANY TETRA PRODUCTS, AND THEY'RE ALMOST ALWAYS ON THE TOP SHELF, IS THAT THEIR REPS STOCK THE SHELVES, THEY ALSO OFFER THE STORES FREE FOOD IF THEY WILL STOP CARYINS SOME OF THE OTHER BRANDS. ALSO THE MOST IMPORTENT THING TO CHECK IS HOW OLD THE FOOD IS, OLD FOOD MEANS LESS NUTRITION,
    ALL THE BEST....... UNCLE

Banned

Smile Re: Fish Food: The Real Deal

If you want good discus pellets, see unclerick.com on aquabid.com. I have purchased several times from Uncle a supply of Pro Grow Growth and Color, Better than Brine, etc. Highly recommend.

Mat (Larmat7 on AB)

Real Name
    Ricardo

this is a great post, one i would not have stumbled upon on my own. the writer is close to my age now :-)

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Hello Bernie,

For what it's worth, I would have happily run such an article when I was editor of TFH. It was challenging to find articles on fish nutrition. Yes, a few good photos would help.

While we're on the topic of fish nutrition, I was happy to receive an order of whiteworms recently. Good food. Discus love them and get into condition very fast when this food is added to the diet.

What we don't always realize though, is that the wriggling foods create an inducement to discus to eat their fry...especially if you are trying to cut down on the whiteworms! They are better fed on prepared food when they have fry in the tank. Live foods somehow "confuse" the parents, and they will eat their fry. Withholding live foods after they spawn also induces them to eat the fry. When the live foods are stopped, they will go back to work taking care of the fry as per usual. Funny fish.

Best fishes,
    Mary Sweeney
    Best fishes,
    Mary Sweeney
    http://www.amazonasmagazine.com
    mary.sweeney@reef2rainforest.com

Real Name
    Julian

Daniel
    Great article. As you mention the list of brands is inmense. Also out-there are the food color enhancer's that sometimes are not too popular. Although the opinion is starting to change. for example since FDA approved Carophyl . some companies start to use it.
    One example is Brine Shrimp Direct. com. They have a new Beef Heart flake that contain carophyl, also a marine flake too.
    There is nothing wrong with this, just that We as fish keeper's should be aware of what we feed to our fish. I personaly preffer a more natural approach, as is easy with the fish. but I have to admit some fish with this "synthetic" color enhancers are great looking.
    we should watch careful in the long term health of this somewhat new aditives.

just my two cents.
    Last edited by Pardal; 03-28-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Registered Member

Good stuff!

Registered Member

Thankx for sharing this articles which is very informatic for all. But i think there is some wrong concept about vitamin you have just discussed . However all over is very good and i hope this going to be very helpfull for all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast