ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Does anyone know how to buy discus from Virginia

Registered Member

Default Does anyone know how to buy discus from Virginia

I am living in virginia. I would like to fill my 55 gallon tank with some discus. Does anyone know where I can find some? I can only travel to maryland or virginia.

Default Re:Does anyone know how to buy discus from Virginia

Visited Joe during Easter weekend - purchased five fish - and they have all grown an inch 1/2. Joe's set up is very nice and he is quite helpful in picking out the best quality. Give him a call to set up a time for a visit. Check out his website (below) that way you can familiarize yourself with his stock. I know you will find great fish at Joe's. Good luck

"Enchanted Discus" - Joe Szelesi
    Breeder & Importer of Exotic Discus Phone - 301-702-0977 e-mail enchanteddiscus@aol.com

Real Name
    Willie

Joe just brought in a huge number of fish, so this is a great time to visit. Don't dawdle. The best stuff goes quickly.

Willie

Trucn, Yes check with Joe, he normally has around 700-800 discus in at any given time in a broad ranges of sizes from 2 to 7 inches.....
    I dont know what part of Virginia you are in but I'm in Va Beach...I dont have much at sellable size right now but Red Turks which are about 2 1/2- 3 inches

Randy

Registered Member

I go to Va Beach and Richmond once a week. Still no luck finding a decent store. Everyone tells me to go to the aquarium center in baltimore. But i do know there are 3 to 4 breeders up that way as well Ceck the posts you will find alot listed i am sure.

john

If you go to VA beach check out Animal Jungle
    AWESOME store the best i have ever been in

Hey Marc, yeah Va Bch has a few nice pet stores around town if you know where to look... I live about 4-5 minutes from Animal Jungle and have known the owner for over 20 years, Great store for a LFS, it has allot of fish but like most LFS's a poor selection of discus. He has 300-500 gallons set a side for discus but they are normally filled with poor quality imports or low grade wild's..Every once in awhile he will hand pick some discus from area breeders or ship in from some well known breeders and when he does they go fast... Over all the store is great it looks more like a zoo than your every day run of the mill pet store.....26,000 square foot store pack full of anything you will ever need.

http://www.animaljungle.com/

If you want discus give Joe a call

Randy 8)

Registered Member

I would buy from Joe. It is worth the drive and my guest is that he would have the best selection and quality of discus in your area.

Andre

Registered Member

I vote for Joe also! Frank 8)

Registered Member

I called Joe last week and he told me that he recently import a lot of fish. He will start to distribute them around June 21th. If any of you want to have some new fish for your tank, this is the time.

I am luckly to live near by. I will do that on this saturday. Right now the only thing i need to do is to make an appointment. I will let you guy know more about the trip