AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 YELLOW PIGEONS 100% CLEAN 4 SALE IN NYC

Default 5 YELLOW PIGEONS 100% CLEAN 4 SALE IN NYC

Hi all,im selling 5 yellow pigeons that are 100% clean 2 and a half -3 and a half inches.Already
    quarentened and bug free.Excellent breeding stock,$175,00 for all.
    They are healthy and eating hikari bloodworms ,pick up only no shipping.Their color is now
    just starting to appear.IM on Long Island ,Nassua COUNTY,NEW YORK.11558.

EMAIL Hgarciasla@aol.com

Default Re:5 YELLOW PIGEONS 100% CLEAN 4 SALE IN NYC

No David those i just in the picture obove,the ones i am selling are from Cary GLD.
    But they look like the one on the left left of the picture you posted ,the one that hasnt colored up yet.

Still got em ,all 5 Yellow Pigeons 100% clean ,no peppering at all,From Great Lkes Discus.

Registered Member

Cary i had 1 discus importer and a breeder over to my house this week and they agree with me that the 5 yellow goldens are not sick at all ,just used to the diet you were giving them.Therefore i will not treat them like you requested with flubenazole,i also had someone from the board come over and they did not like them because their eyes he said were too big at this point.I cannot sell these fish ,cannot even give them away.I am not insulting you knowledge of discus,i am simply angry at the fact that you told me before i bought them that they eat everything and they only eat bloodworms and grabbing 1 worm is a struggle for 4 out of the 5 yellow pigeons.I tried the heavy starvation thing for 2 weeks and nothing.You claim to have 100% satisfaction guaranttee,mean while i am not satisfied at all.Let me know if you have a solution to my problem actually our problem.

Thank You CARY
    HECTOR GARCIA IN NYC..

P.S Well first Off I cannot help You 4 months later and will Not!
    The reaon Being is Because Mine are doing fine and growing Well.
    They eat Blkworms,Bloodworms and even beefheart. Also My golden Yellows NON pb! HAVE NICE ROUND BODIES NICE RED EYES AND ARE AT 4" IN SIZE THEY LOOK JUST LIKE YOURS DID AT 2.5" WHEN I SENT THEM TO YOU!

IMO I THINK YOU HAVE ALOT TO LEARN AND SHOULD DO MORE READING HERE AT SIMPLY INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING THE ADVISE OF 1 YEAR DISCUS EXPERTS. SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT SOMEONE IS LEADING YOU DOWN THE WRONG PATH. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY BUT IT HAPPENS TO ALOT OF KNOW IT ALL'S.
    Here's a few pics of mine. I was low on room and added them into a 150gal tank with 6" adults when they were 3" their eyes are small I never treated them and they eat everything I give them. As of now they are growing and doing great like they were when I sent them to you! So sorry friend I cannot help you 4 months later down the road I hope You understand

BEST WISHES TO YOU :-*
    Cary gld

Registered Member

Registered Member

;D

Registered Member

;D

Registered Member

WOW...CARY!!! wanna give some of thsoe to us poor discus addicts????....lol...

Ok...lemme see if Ive got this right? You bought 5 discus from Cary...and after 4 months your contacting him and Voicing your displeasure because of poor growth?
    Why didnt you contact him immediately if these fish werent eating properly? He would have given you good sound advise how to handle the situation.
    And I would have to agree with Cary here...your friends dont know what thier talking about if they're telling you, that after 4 months the reason they wont eat properly is because they're used to what Cary fed them. It takes a week or two to introduce new food to a healthy discus...sometimes much less time! Not 4 months!
    What is it your trying to say? That Cary sold you discus with large eyes? Runted? Stunted?Poor Quality?
    The discus he posted look pretty good to me?

By the way...If your going to sell discus that are 5-6 months old...and only 2 1/2 inches in size,with large eyes. You shouldnt refer to them as "excellent breeding stock" They're called "CRAP".
    Who's tryin to take WHO for a ride here? :

Tony

Registered Member

Hi Tom,
    THANKS I hope to be breeding them soon! I still have 4 more in a 75gal doing the same. Getting stock like this is very hard to come by IME I thank roy and Sly from Sing Sing For being breeders that practice QUALITY NOT QUANTITY!

TakeCare,
    Cary

IMO....if your fish are not eating and having a struggle eating a bloodworm..they are sick. they should be running to the top begging for food. if their not...then something is wrong. could be water or sounds like they need flubendazole or metro . if their not eating and you did try starve them for a few weeks...of course their eye would keep growing and their bodies not.
    YOu are right though..hard to sell fish who have big eyes or not well.
    First you need to get them better...and eating . you could still get them growing if you start now. the genetics are still there..which i know in fact have great genetics coming from Cary. I had one fish who i rescued back from a friend in January. it was shipped in October from Australia. and it hadnt grown since. it was still 3 inches if it was lucky. i treated with metro and did 90 percent water changes daily and high heat and it began eating like crazy and today it is about 5.5 inches and turning into a very nice looking fish. He caught up to all my others. but time is of the essence. the longer you wait the thinner they will get and runted.
    I think one way or another those fish are worth saving.as ,as Cary said they are far and few between and anyone who received them are honoured. I know the quality of those fish as i know my buds in sing sing and how conscientious they are and the quality they have. and I;d kill for them. heck.id even rescue those fish and try to save them if i was closer.

Cary. those fish are beautiful . I am anxiously waiting for some just like those for my tanks. : ))

Hector,

this hobby of hours takes so much dedication some of us here almost no lives because of the responsibilites of raising discus.

Cary is all about the betterment of the hobby, 12 years ago or less nobody knew nothing about discus because the ones "In the know" never shared their secrets, now because of good people like Cary everyone here including yourself can enjoy the hobby because of all the trial, error, experimenting and countless hours of hardship.

Cary has givin everyone here all the help they could ever need. 15 years ago that would have been unheard of, he's on the phone constantly, he helps out people selflessly, he even helps people who have never even givin him 1$!

now do you really think he would send any body bad fish, when he loves the hobby and people in it so much.

I think you figured you F&^%ed up, and now you want to blame someone for your lack of dedication, wich is obvious, seeing how you got adults.

this hobby isnt for slackers, and you cant take the easy way out.

you want to be successful you put the effort in!

do it half assed and the best fish in the world will look like crap in 4 months.

and if you still want to do discus, we'll still be here ready to help you out, and help each other.

I hope you stick with discus, and enjoy our hobby with us!

Great looking fish Cary, my son and I met you just before you went on vacation and picked up 3 beautyful fish 1 heckel and 2 SS. The fish are doing great (growing like weeds). I'm hoping to make it by in the very near future. Thanks for everything!
    ;D
    Tony

Registered Member

Darn, I was going to trade Hector some adults for these fish, but maybe I will reconsider. Frank :-\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast