AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 YELLOW PIGEONS 100% CLEAN 4 SALE IN NYC

Default Re:5 YELLOW PIGEONS 100% CLEAN 4 SALE IN NYC

Nothing for me to add here,

everything has been said.

Hi Hector,

i've been there, done that.

Man, i wish i can get my hands on some pure goldens.

Well, you can keep them and practice for the next time. May be they will breed for you and see what you get.

Or trade them at your LFS for some food or equipment.

Please, be careful of who you talk to-there are million discus

"experts" outthere.

Unfortunately i see people selling big eyed runts all the time, just look around.

I am including some photos to show you my experience with Great Lakes Discus.

take care and hope this helps.

alex

;D

Registered Member

"Can't give them away" yet u post them for sale as "excellent"!!!! Amazing. I am a newbie and I know better than to wait 4 months to contact someone about a problem! Pleeeezzzzzzzzzzz :

Cary is a great guy and u are trying to take advantage of both his name and kind heart- not cool at all IMO.

I don't blame Cary one iota, and Frank, IMO that is 'false advertising' I think u have every right
    to skip the deal!

JMHO
    Jean ;D 8)

[quote author=Jean link=board=13;threadid=10546;start=15#110710 date=1056306259]
    "Can't give them away" yet u post them for sale as "excellent"!!!![/quote]

Jean

That was one of the things that REALLY stood out here!
    Its pretty tough to question someones honesty and integrity when he shows none himself :

Tony

Registered Member

Is it me or are the value of these particular yellows dropping by the minute? At least the genetics are still there.

Registered Member

;D Thanks Tony for the affirmation and yes Chirohorn I think u have hit the nail on the head today with $, but I still would want some nice fish for breeding; yeah genetics may be there but.......

Jean ;D 8)

testing...for u CARY.

Registered Member

Let's not get nasty....Hector listened to people he shouldn't have...he can still redeem himself..no need to bash him......Hector send them to me....I'll save them:0....lol

Hector,
    I have gotten Fish many times from Cary, and they have always taken to every kind of food I have fed without any problems.

This post is very unfortunate. For future reference you should always talk to a seller as soon as you suspect a problem. Months down the road and there is nothing that can be done.

IMO>...I'm sorry you have to deal with these fish, and I don't mean to be cold here...But its not Cary's fault here... Its yours because you knew there was an issue with the fish and didn't talk to Cary about it for months.

-al

Over the last couple of years I have ordered 325 Discus from Cary Strong. I have never received fish that would not eat my beefheart, bloodworms, mysis shrimp, pellets, brine shrimp. I have received many, many fish that I thought were excellent quality. I have also received some that were not but in those cases I made Cary aware immediately of my concerns and they were always dealt with to my satisfaction. Some people say that because I have ordered so many fish I receive special treatment but that's not the case, that's backwards.... it's because I feel I have been treated properly that I have ordered so many fish. My last order was for 120 fish, all about 1/2-1". I received 140 fish. I culled some but that's to be expected. I now have 120 fish that are growing, eating and have been sold to some very happy people here in town. I am pleading with the guy to sell me more asap. When I sell Cary's fish I am proud to tell people that they came from Cary. If I was dissatisfied with the fish I would still sell them, but only to people who could see the fish in person and accept the quality as they saw it. I would not promote them as Cary's fish if I didn't think they met the quality that comes with that name. It is a very poor practice to complain about fish to the breeder and then attempt to sell them as quality fish to the next guy. I imagine that's why Cary spoke up on this thread.

Dave

Man Hector you did not tell me that you had them 4 months and they were not eating.
    You had me drive 300 miles for noting. Thanks a lot >

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

[quote author=CARY_GLdiscus link=board=13;threadid=10546;start=0#110638 date=1056293413]
    Therefore i will not treat them like you requested with flubenazole
    [/quote]

Sorry Hector, if you will not follow his advice for treatment you can not expect anything further.

My experience has been that Cary's discus eat everything that doesn't eat them first. I did have one batch of PBSS that had a rough trip. A course of metro within a few days of arrival cleared it right up. All but one bounced right back with normal growth. I euthanized one. At my house if a discus does not get well quickly and start eating within a few weeks of treatment it is culled. Healthy, happy fish eat . . . that is their job.

Hector, I didn't think the pictures of your goldens looked that bad really. Smaller than Cary's, but that is to be expected. Perhaps you have all females . . . perhaps if you can get them eating they will catch up.

Frank, I think you should get them and see if you can turn them around. . . . goldens are hard to come by and the genes are still there.

Registered Member

Hector, if it's any consolation...I like your goldens. If it wasn't made public that they were smaller than what you'd like, that pic would've fooled me.

My advice echos some others: 1) treat them w/meds 2) grow them out as best as possible. With any luck, they'll still be ~5" when fully developed. That isn't shabby. If you manage to get a spawn, the potential is there to have excellent fry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast