ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: discus for sale (pick up only in Oregon)

Registered Member

Default discus for sale (pick up only in Oregon)

Local breed PB babies for sale in Oregon area. I don't have enough tanks nor rooms to add tanks nor willing to spend more money to add more tanks, and I am hoping to move my fishes out as soon as possible. I have about 15 2" and 75 less than 1" PBs (one more week should reach 1&quot. My PBs just lay another batch of eggs, so I need more space. The parents picture are repost below (I posted this picture earily in other topics). I don't do shipping, therefore, local pick up only please.

I am thinking about $7 for 2" and $5 or $5.5 for 1" depends on quantity.
    As long as you are living within 30 mile in Portland metro area. 1" fish should be ok to transport. (15 to 20 min commute). Very clean, and no diease. Anyway, if you are interested, please send e-mail to me.

Thanks
    Seadude

P.S. I also have several adult blue diamond which believe to be hormoned. (I bought them from a famous discus resaler in Oregon for over 2 1/2 years now, female has been laying eggs for over a years but the male still shooting blank... ??? I still don't understand why people will take a chance on that resaler with their hard earn money... Their discus look great, but I want to be able to breed too... anyway, that's been discuss so many times before, please don't reply on this stupid comment of mine... sorry!!!) I want to keep the females, but willing to sell both males to free up more tank space. Thanks

Registered Member

Default forgot picture

Forgot to post picture....

Registered Member

Default Re:discus for sale (pick up only in Oregon)

I am interested in the 15 2". They should be able to make the trip from Portland to Seattle, it usuually takes me about 3 hours to drive it.

Thanks
    Paul

Registered Member

Nice PBs.

2" fish should be fine for that length of time. They're shipped across the country/world everyday at that size. Remember to have more air than water in the bags.

Registered Member

Paul,

Thanks for your interest of the 2" discus. I am sure they will make the trip from Portland to Seattle. Bring a 5gal bucket and I am sure everything will be fine.
    I am just wondering if it's worth it to drive six hours total to get 15 discus...
    Anyway, I will send you my address and phone number seperately to your e-mail address. Please let me know if you planning to visit.

Thanks
    Kam

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Discus travel better in bags. You can buy bags from your fish store (biggest size). Put two bags together. Add enough water to completely cover discus. One discus per bag. 1/3 water . . 2/3 air. Fill the bag with air from an airpump, twist bag and rubberband. Then twist and rubberband outer bag. Put the bags of discus in a bucket so they stand upright (3 or 4 bags to a bucket)

Registered Member

Carol,

Thanks for the advice, I will drop by a fish store and buy some big bags. I was hoping whoever interested in my discus will live within the metro. area, which eliminate packing/bags issue...

Thanks.
    Kam

Registered Member

First of all youre pair looks good. If you ever decide on shipping some let me know thanks.
    Oscar

Registered Member

Oscar,
    Sorry, I love raising discus and breeding them. not packaging/shipping...etc. Therefore, shipping will never happen from me. Money is not really a big factor either... that's why I sold my 2" PBs to the LFS today for $6 each only.

Paul,
    Sorry, all 2" PBs are sold.

Nobody seem to interested/inquire about my "to be" 1 inch PBs or my lovely beautiful perfectly heavy homoned BDs male?!! Well, maybe it's the homoned part that scared people away. Maybe I should leave out the word "homoned" and replace it with "chemically enchanced"

Kam

Hi seadude,

I am interested in your BD's, check your e-mail. Thanks, Steve