ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: White pimples turning into craters

Default White pimples turning into craters

Hello everyone, i have a serious problem with my Discus, the look fine and act normal, until they develop one or two white pimples on the side of their head and about two days later, they turn into large Craters, the fish will eventually die in within 10 days.
    I have all the water parameters correct, and many other fish do well in the same tank.
    I tried three different Antibiotics, and salt but nothing works, i lost 4 like this and i have another 4 that are starting to develop the same thing.
    What is this thing, the fish breathe normally and look hungry all the time.
    Thank you.
    Mat. :'( :'( :'(

Registered Member

Default Re:White pimples turning into craters

Matt:
    I'm not sure, but it sounds like "Hole in the Head" disease. I'm not sure there is anything you can do about it. Check out the Discus-L sitie at:

http://world.std.com/~enjolras/discus-l.html

Chris

Registered Member

Mat.

If it is what I had trouble with a while back I did have some success with treating it this way:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=4179

Read the whole post before you do anyting. In fact I'd advise you to read reply number 50 (last one, to see my half a$$ed conclusions to the experince ;D)I ended up only using salt and peroxide applied topically.

HTH

Daniel

I don't think is the same thing, the pimple open to a large crater and get infected. i have 4 tablespoon of salt per 10 gall, plus unpicilling in the water to control fungus but i see no improvment, infact it gets worst untill they die.
    I'm trying Metro in food and water next and see.
    I'm glad your fish is better.
    Mat