ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need saltwater help..cmon cmon i'm impatient ;)

Registered Member ReeferKimberly's Avatar

Default Re:need saltwater help..cmon cmon i'm impatient ;)

ok the tank is doing excellent! all except for my salt dissolving and instant frying of shrimp mistake, all is perfect! the live rock is good, the damsels are voracious eaters (the domino is kind of an aggressive little biayatch ).
    ok i uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm caved
    i bought three more fish, i know i know, bad me. but they are doing very well.
    the first is a one spot foxface rabbitfish ( i know, confusing, it's yellow, has a black and white face, kinda looks like a tang, and has a big black spot. and oh yeah, when it wakes up or is pissed it turns brown)....
    ok the second is a false percula clown fish (yes, just like nemo lol). i could NOT pass him up. i go to this place called aquaworld about three times a week, they know me really well and the owner gives me all kinds of cheap fish and supplies. well she sold me this sweet healthy clown for only $6.99! and their stock is excellent! well who am i to pass up that?!?
    ok, number three, u will be really mad at this one. a zebra lionfish..ok ok don't scream. he is happy and healthy too... even eating some feeder minnows i had left over from my turtle, the salt water slows em down a bit for him lol

i have NEVER followed all the rules, i have always had good healthy fish and done well. the tank is clear, the rock is keeping the excellent conditions of no nitrate, ammonia ect. and the ph is at a stable 8.2.
    ok i'm sorry i gots me more fish, but i'm stubborn
    ok no yelling, i can't help myself, shame shame shame shame shame..........
    kimberly :-*

oh, i also got a hydrometer to test the salinity and specific gravity. the levels are within the green like smack dab in the middle so i'm good there to.

so where' s the pics girl?! we wanna see too!!

one of these days i'll try salt but not yet..

wow....your giving me the itch back. THis is not good. I love lionfish. I have always kept them alone though. A tank full of those majestic fish are great.

Cut it out......

Don't take any pics. Not sure I can take it if you do. I have been avoiding the pet store for this reason.

i'm sorry i accidently got rid of my photo program. so i have to find another one that can resize pics, or figure out how to resize pics correctly on photoimpression....

k, update time, hows that tank doing?

sorry i have no net at the moment and i have to go to an internet cafe.....i miss you guys!!!!!!!!
    anyways, the tank is great, just hate the damn algae, no saltwater plecos grrr!!
    i have only killed one cleaner shrimp and some mushroom coral i accidently fried with undissolved salt. anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the algae thats on EVERYTHING?
    my favorite fish by far is my zebra lionfish. in the beginning it took me two weeks to get him to eat, but now he eats one feeder fish at night and one in the morning. he is the coolest fish i have ever had. i also really like my big chocolate chip starfish. the thing seems to have sooo much personality! i have gotten somke coral and other than the mushrooms i killed, i still have other mushrooms and some leathers. just easy stuff till i really know what i'm doing.
    i hope i get the net back soon, we should be getting dsl on the 30th. until then i still miss you guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12