ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your sign?

Default What is your sign?

Sounds like a cheesy pick up line I know. But I was reading through some of the post...particularly this one.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...=0;boardseen=1

It got me thinking of the different type of personality discus people are. I was wondering if we all have a common thread.

Since we are all unique individuals we have complex personality. I am sure it is difficult to classify yourself into one particular catagory. I guess what I am trying to get at is if all discus keepers are reclusive. I don't mean that we are hermits. But I figured the amount of time we all spend doing tank maintance must mean we enjoy being alone.

I will start......I maybe sick but I really enjoy doing water changes. The 2 hours that I spend doing it gives me time to relax and think of nothing. I am not stressed about work, family, or finances. So if anyone has a cave for sale that will hold lots of tank let me know.

So are the majority of discus owners most happy being alone or in a crowd?

Default Re:What is your sign?

most happy being alone or in a crowd?
    Both. I enjoy my solitude but enjoy people..just each in their time and place.

But I figured the amount of time we all spend doing tank maintance must mean we enjoy being alone.
    yes... but look at all the time we spend on online. Is that a compensation mechanism?

The majority of my friendships have developed from this hobby. I have a few friends that don't keep fish, but I honestly find them strange

-al

Registered Member

I relish my time alone. Not necessarily with just discus, but i also enjoy many hobbies, most of which tend to be solitary pursuits. My wife and I both work shift work, so we never need an excuse to have our own time, our scedules provide that for us already.

I also love spending time with close friends and familly, and we frequently have larger get togethers at our home.

Alone during tank water changes? Not me, hubby and I spend this time talking about the fish, the condition of the water, etc. We do water testing and feeding together and lots of times, friends stop by to see how our brood is doing. We both enjoy being alone together, I know that sounds like a contradiction, but we have worked together for 25 years and we enjoy each others company, and now our fish, along with 6 cats.

Registered Member

My sign is Pisces of course. I enjoy the company of friends but I don't enjoy crowds. NYC was an absolute nightmare for me I couldn't wait to get out of that dirty city and back to my clean Texas tanks. Colorado is much like Texas and I'm enjoying it so far. The hour it takes me to do water changes is relaxing. Kind of like cleaning a pool but on a smaller scale. I also enjoy fishing quite a bit which is all about solitude, time alone with good friends, and self reflection much like keeping discus.

Susan,

I want to say I envy you. Doing water changes with your husband and enjoying the time together. But the more I think of it. The more I enjoy doing it by myself.

You must have a very strong relationship if you can work together for 25 years. WOW

I hope my relationship will get to that point.

Henry the aquarius.

Oh yeah ..if it wasn't obvious ... I'm a bull headed Taurus ;D
    -al

Registered Member

I enjoy my time alone in my fish room, either changing water or just observing my fish.

I would have to say though that I am more of a social person - I like to meet people and go to parties !! ;D

And Al like you I am a bullheaded Taurus > - just ask my wife !! LOL

Scotz

Registered Member

Cancer here! A water sign! LOL- and yes, I love my alone time! Frank

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

I'm seeing a trend here. There is no place I'd rather be than home working on the fish or SimplyDiscus. I love having my extended family over, but don't socialize much otherwise. . . .

Scorpio

lol, i'm a scorpio as well, live alone and kinda enjoy the peace, get to see my happy fish, the babies, and my rabbit. i think the ex was more trouble than she was worth, lol. she didn't care much for my fish, made me keep them all in the basement :-X
    i'm not a big socializer either. i usually get headaches in crouds of poeple, love car shows but haven't been to the woodward cruise yet because i hate the crouds.

Alright...aries.which is meant to be firey....well....maybe the water doused the flames out. ive always sat back and watched and listened. and i too get a headache from too much commotion or going to big gatherings.
    although..i thoroughly enjoy socializing on simply...
    and ive met some simply members and it was great. had no trouble finding things to talk about.
    think the one thing i like about discus is im a tad obsessive about collecting things. once i start...its all or none.

Registered Member

Hey, if we're scorpios does that mean that we all need to go out and get some scorpion discus? i'm not much of a social person although i like to socialize. I'm just too busy too go call my friends. i do alot of family stuff though. hey limige, i see you live in harper woods, i live in St. Clair Shores so i'm like right next to you, we'll have to come check out eachothers discus sometime!

Registered Member

Scorpion discus? Hmm.

Well well, another Scorpio here. It is kind of interesting for me to think that what I do sometimes may not be entirely a "guy" thing... My Other Half thinks only weirdo (like me) will ever sit in front of the tank for an extended period of time and get fixated on the fish. Anybody else get this habit? (Staring at fish, that is.)

For the moment life is in the fast lane for me with plenty of travels. I do enjoy the fast pace - but once in a while I like to slow down and take a break. And stare at my fish...

-Keith 030723

Registered Member

I enjoy my time alone also. My wife wouldn't even think about helping change 400 gallons of water each day. It's nice to get out of the house and be in the garage alone without 4 girls around me. (I love my girls)

By the way I am Pisces. (The fish)

Les

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast