AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Flubendazole side effect....

Default Re: Flubendazole side effect....

Honestly, levamisole is readily availible in the USA and is an excellent alternative to Flubendazole with less chance of side effect, IME. If you have access to it in your country, I would try that. Its an excellent broad spectrum dewormer and is available in water soluble forms.

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

oh and standard disclaimer... mebendazole, albendazole and fenbendazole should never be added to the water directly...It will severely harm your fish and fatalities are common. Flubendazole though related chemically is safer in most cases when added to water.

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

I put fenbendozole in the food and ran into this issue here. =(

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...zole-treatment

Registered Member

where to get Flubendazole?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Rebecca MacDonald-Haig

Hallo, I have experienced tail standing, lose of equilibrium and death of 6 healthy fish following treatment with flubenzadole....doseage 0.3g per 136 litres.......I live in scotland where the water is quite soft.......the medication I used has calcium carbonate in it as well as flubenzadole....is it possible that if my water was low in minerals cations that the addition of the med may have caused toxic shock by rapidly adding calcium to the water?

Real Name
    Israel

Guys, very interesting thread. I have read all 110 posts. I have personally dosed Kusuri Wormer plus 4 times in my whole community tank (250 Gallon) always followed the recommended dose. No inmediate side effects on discus and other community fish, including neon tetras. I have had no Discus casualties but now that i recall some events, I have had during treatment weaker and thinner Discus fish that have turned black and have swimm pointing downwards days after the treatment. During those days almos a year ago, I used to use quite often pure RO as water chage, my tank was heavily planted High tech, with CO2 injection and with JBL proflora soil below the river sand, so in reality my TDS was always around 100 ppm and PH values of 6.5.

For what I have read , I see three scenarios causing casualties:
    *Overdosing flubendazol
    *Giving Febendazol in water column instead that given in food
    *Dosing as per vendor recommended but having Low TDS values in water
    *Dosing as per recommended but having a very high bio-load (Overstocking), causing bacteria attacks

I have managed to rescue the swimming bladder problem by isolating the fish , having a water height just high enough to allow fish to be upwards (around 6 inches height for an adult Discus), dosing up to two grams of Epsom salts per liter of water, daily water change and replenish the same concentration of epsom salt in water. This rescued fish have showed total recovery but just when they are introduced back to the community, that same day or the day after they start showing the same swimming bladder problem.
    Last edited by israelillo81; 09-10-2015 at 12:47 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Brendan

Hi, just sharing my recent experience. I dosed Wormer Plus for 24 hours, as per instructions on packet. I waterchanged and my Penang Eruption headstanded. (He is in a QT). Since then I have not redosed, just big daily waterchanges and some rock salt. On day 3 now after treatment he is slowly returning back to normal position. No sign of any swelling or swim bladder issues

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678