ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $10 Discus

Default $10 Discus

OK- I have to give up!

The last 11 weeks have been exhausting. In late May, I had my first batch of 125 fry (with about 90 surviving), then in mid-June I had a batch of 40 (almost all surviving).

Now I have about 30 left and I have to get rid of them.

They're Blue Diamond (some say cobalt)x Brilliant Blues (some say wild blue). Either way, they're coloring up nicely and should make very attractive adults.

Take as many as you want for $10. (they each have eaten three times that much in blackworms and beefheart alone!)I'm just a hobbiest, so I don't know anything about shipping. They're all very healthy, but frankly, I'm afraid I'd screw it up. I don't think I'll have enough fish left to guarantee live delivery if I do something wrong.

I'm located in Northern NJ...55 min. from CT, 25 min from NYC, 2 1/2 hrs from Philly, etc.

If interested, contact me soon as I'm calling LFS to trade them for store credit this weekend.

The pics are about a week old, they have more color now. They're about Half dollar sized now.

Bob
    (973) 237-1862

Default Re:$10 Discus

Another...

Mom is the Blue Diamond. She's very round, her fins went back as I approached to take the pic. Likewise, Dad is dark because he just got done breeding minutes ago. The pattern you see on him (red/blue) seems to be dominant as all the babies have it. The blue in the pattern, however, is brighter, like Mom's.

Oh, I forgot to mention: I wouldn't mind trading, either

Registered Member

too bad you dont ship if you do let me know ill take 10

If you talk me through it I would. Understand that I can't guarantee live delivery because I couldn't replace them (not because because they're unhealthy...they eat like pigs and are growing fast). I wouldn't know where to get pure Oxygen pumped into a bag. Isn't that a requirement for shipping?

Registered Member

Great looking fish,you shouldn't have any problem selling them at that price...I'm sure there are a few discus guys in your area...
    Good luck and nice job.

Mench

Registered Member

Discsubob put them up for sale in the local newspaper. You should be able to get $25.00 at least for them. As for the oxygen all you need to do is go down to you local welding supply store and buy a bottle after you sell a few ($100). You will have to buy so hoses and the torch for the other end. Maybe if you have a friend who is a welder they can help you out with the oxygen. You may also find a torch in the local Pawn shops if you are lucky.
    George

Bob,

I live in MD, I might drive up there and get it all !!!!

R they 10 dollar each? or ALL for $10? ;D ;D

If it is...I WILL drive up to NJ. I did drive up there to visit Tyler and got a bunch of his discus. ;D

Ummm... I meant $10 each fish. Not $10 for about 30 of them.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Bob

Registered Member

well bob i dont know anything about shipping myself but if you can find out how to do it let me know me discusfiend and armondo was talking about it that we would all get some if you shipped so just let us know thanks bob

I bought from DiscusBob last sunday and paid $15.00 for each,if they were $10.00 each when i went there ,i would of took more.The babies are doing fine,i dont even think bob remembers me because i was there for 5 minutes.It was funny as soon as i got there i was on the clock,the bus back to new york was in 5 minutes otherwise i would have to wait 2 hours,picking ,bagging the fish and running back to the bus was like one of those old 1930 s black and white tv comedy shows where everything was in fast motion with piano playing in the background.Bob was very cool ,thanks for the fish Bob and thankfully i made the bus back home on time.

Hector:

I'm glad to hear the fish are doing well. I hope they get real big and round for you (I know mine are)!
    Sorry about you missing the 'sale' price, but I just decided last night that I needed the room...

Oh, and I know you made the bus: I drove by the bus stop just to make sure you weren't stuck out in the rain for 2 hours!

Bob

Registered Member

let me know if you can ship. I will buy a bunch if you can ship them.

David

David:

I could ship, but I've never done it before. If you can talk me through it, I'd be willing to learn.

The only problem is I doubt I would have enough left in case something went wrong and they needed to be replaced.

I'm just a hobbiest, not a pro.

I've had two more people come by today to pick some up, so there might not be enough left....

How many did you want?

Bob

Registered Member

hey bob....private message me your phone number and i will call you..I am in Pa and would be interested in getting some from you!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast