AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: $0 for 2 Starters

Registered Member

Default $0 for 2 Starters

First I would like to thank Randall/B for getting me started in the world of Discus.

I have two starter Blue Turquoise that I am giving away for FREE. They have nice color, but are having a difficult time growing. RB told me to call them runts. They are about 2 to 2 ½ inches. hopefully the photo came through.

I have a Snakeskin and Blue Diamond that are dominating the tank, and they do not seem happy. They are eating well, but hide in the corner most of the time. They would make a nice starter, for someone that does not want to experiment with a 30 to 40 dollar fish.

Again they are free, but need to be picked up in Palatine, Illinois.

Thanks,

Registered Member

Default Re:$0 for 2 Starters

free lol someone better go pick them up fast

Samdan good for you... I started out in the hobby by a friend giving me some of his discus. Now I curse him everyday for it....j/k.

A- ;D

Registered Member

Wish I could find a deal like that in Minnesota.

I'd really like to meet up with the guy that gave me my first discus.....I don't know if I would shake his hand or get thrown in jail for assault! ;D ;D ;D

-al

Registered Member

[quote author=brewmaster15 link=board=13;threadid=11928;start=0#124307 date=1061058343]
    I'd really like to meet up with the guy that gave me my first discus.....I don't know if I would shake his hand or get thrown in jail for assault! ;D ;D ;D

-al
    [/quote]

LOL AL!

No kidding. I was working in a LFS at the ripe underage of 13 when I saw my first Discus. Even as dark and nasty as it looked I was taken right then and there. I have tried to shake the disease on and off for years. Tried it all. Twelve step programs. Hypnosis you name it. It is futile to resist. You will fall back in sooner or later everytime ;D

Paul

Registered Member

Thanks for the kind comments.

Wes from Kalamazoo MI, is starting his cousin, (by marriage?) in the Discus world.

I will be passing these two (or three), on to him.

I will try to hit this site, as often as I hit e bay. I have picked up some good info from here.

I have also learned that this Discus thing is an addiction. With my wife as the moderator, I will not OD, but will still have a good time.

Bruce,

I appreciate your generosity!