AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September 11... I won't forget.

Default Re:September 11... I won't forget.

My thoughts and prayers are with those of 9.11.01 and the men and woman today which put there lives on the line for those who have the luxury to take time too think about war and peace.

yeobt,

As much as I respect you opinion, I do not think this is the appropriate post to express them (the pro and cons. of war).
    It is in remembrance of the many victims of that sad day. No more no less.

Ronald

Registered Member

Hi all,
    I still get shaken when I speak or read of this incredible inhumanity. I was preparing for work at the moment of the attacks. My wife called from work and told me to turn on the tv to see what was going on. I watched in horror, leaning against the foot of my bed, as the towers came down and people from all walks of life were terrorized, traumatized and murdered. I could not believe what I was witnessing. I had a million thoughts racing through my mind. My body trembled while waves of emotions cascaded through me. I stood silent in disbelief, staring through the tv, thinking "What the hell is wrong with the human race?" I don't think I have ever cried so hard day after day as I did watching the images of the people and thinking of all affected by this terrible tragedy. It made me want to curl up and hide from the horrible world......But I picked myself up and pushed on with my life, knowing if I hide from it all, the *******$ have beaten me!

Steve :'(

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and University Discus_KC's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jack

It still is a vivid picture in my mind !!!!!!!! One I will never forget. I was on my way home from work and heard about it on the radio. Upon arriving home, I watched in horror at the news footage !!!! And I prayed. For those that died, and the families of those that perished.

And in a little extra prayer, I prayed that we would finally have somebody that could and would say "Enough" . We need resolve and conviction, not polls to make our decisions !!!!!!

And I prayed I would be activated to help out with "Operation Iraqi Freedom" I volunteered and got my wish !!!!!! I wasn't forced to do anything !!!!!!!!! And now I'm here and doing all I can to free a people oppressed by a savage regime !!!!! And contrary to whatever the news media is saying, we are not here because of Oil !!!!!!!!!!!! And a peace potest may make you feel good inside but it won't stop a terrorist from killing you. They hate you as well !!!! That is the plain and simple truth !!!!!!

Freedom of speech wasn't given to you by a politician!!!!!!! It was fought for !!!!!! And thank God we have individuals who were and are willing to keep fighting to perserve it !!!!!! And YES, I will pay the ultimate sacrifice to ensure we have it for generations to come !!!!!

All the military wants is people to go on living their lives and we will be home soon enough !!!!! We made that promise to our families and friends !!!!!!!

Isn't Freedom Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Paul Baranski

I was well into my work day with the radio on, tuned in to a top 40 hits station, when the song was cut off and the DJ came on with the breaking news "this just in ... " Everyone came over to the radio to hear the reports, and shook their heads in disbelief. We half-heartedly accepted the story of a plane crashing into the towers, because the media are well known for their ability to stretch a story into something bigger than it actually is. We listened for a few minutes, then everyone went back to their normal routines.

When news of the second plane came through, the atmosphere changed dramatically. This was no longer a media-hyped story, this was no longer an accident, this was an act of terrorism, just south of us across the border in the United States of America - and a MAJOR act of terrorism at that!

Suddenely, everyone forgot about their daily routine. The phones went silent, nobody talked, and more than a few tears were shed as we were bombarded with reports of other planes crashing, and people jumping from windows, and sounds of wailing sirens were pumped over the airwaves.

That night I remember praying for, and thinking about the agony of the victims. Strangely, I thought more of the plight of the victims inside the planes themselves. Although those on ground zero had a horific ordeal, and thousands lost their lives ... at least some of them had a fighting chance to make it out alive. How un-thinkably terrible must it have been for those who were strapped into the seats of the plane as they watched out their windows, and saw the tower getting closer and closer?

We lit candles that night, and placed them on our window sills as a sign of remembrance, unity, hope and support for our friends to the south. It was one of the eriest sights I've ever seen. To see so many candles in the windows, and to know that each one was put there by someone who was feeling much the same way as I was.

I for one will never forget.

Paul

Registered Member

I was in front of a classroom of 7th graders when the Vice Principal came over the intercom and told everyone to turn on the tvs as there had been an accident in NYC. Many of the students in this particular school have parents who work for Bank of America and were transferred down here to be at the corp hq. Some of them have family or family of friends who worked in the WTC.

I can remember the looks on the faces of the students as we all saw the 2nd jet slam into the tower and then again as they came down. I can still see the questions in their eyes.

No child should have to see people jumping out of a window 300 feet up to escape death in a fire. No child should have to grow up in fear of this happening to them or their parents. That's not what childhood is about. These children ended their childhood two years ago and will never be able to get it back.

I will never forget and will always stand firm in support of our armed forces at home and abroad.

Semper Fideles,
    Phil Edwards

well im not an amercian, but it felt like it was happening here. i still cant get the pictures of those planes just crashing into the WTC - it was like a bad nightmare. i was very angry at Muslims for a while, but then after a few weeks i realised theres good and bad in all religions and races.

I live in surfers paradise, Australia, at the time 9-11 happened there was alot of arabs and muslims on holidays here and staying in high rise apartments around where i live. They all flew home after it happened - probably in fear we would take it out on them. One lot actually chartered a plane to get out qucikly. aussies were bombing mosques, abusing muslims etc - it was a bad time for all of us internationally.

I will never forget the footage i saw on TV, it still seems surreal.

Then we lost alot of aussies in the bali bombings, it was scary knowing these things can happen anywhere at any time.

It must have been horrible being there - in bali and amercia - not only for the people who persihed, but those who lost friends or families and as well.

i still think about it often, think i always will, those people who took control of the terorists and forced one plane down in a field were true heroes, giving their lives to save others.

its been good talking about this.

Kerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12