ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water containers?

Registered Member

Default water containers?

hey guys where can i get huge water containers at? i got 55 gal rubbermaids right now but there all bending out because of the water thats in it... it looks like its gonna flex out and all the water is gonna fall out... so i was wondering where can i get a water container or barrel at? i need big ones at least 55 gal or more... let me know if you guys know where i can get any at thank you guys

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Default Re:water containers?

I bought mine at a farm bureau or farm co-op type store. A place that sells feed and stock water troughs. Hunters use them to pack water for camping . . . .

My 55 gallon plastic barrels contained greek olives.

Hi David,

Check this out:
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/def...ookie%5Ftest=1

HTH,
    Ronny

there you go..or ....look under plastics in the yellow pages.

Registered Member

Sometime your LFS have use barrel that they will resale for about 20 buck. If that still cost too most, try your local pepsi or coke company for 5 to 10 dollar. But if that still cost too most, try your local freeway ;D Priceless ;D

Registered Member

thanks guys well i just ordered 3 55gal drum liners on that site for only 30 bucks total with shipping thanks a bunch guys everyone was a big help =)

i made my own 230 gallon storage tank

see dyi section for more info.

Registered Member

Hi all,
    David, you do realize that you ordered LINERS, not barrels, right? These are just like a trash bag type thing that goes inside a barrel to stay between the product(water) and the sides of the barrel. They are about the thickness of a heavy duty heafty bag (24 MIL). You might want to cancel that order and try again. HTH

Steve

Registered Member

whoa lucky you told me i need to cancle now

Registered Member

thanks a lot steve if you didnt let me know i would have wasted my money i just emailed them to cancle my order i knew i couldnt find no barrels for that cheap and where can i buy the pepsi or coke barrels at? i dont know if there is a coke or pepsi company here 5-10 bucks thats a great deal

if you don't have a bottling plant nearby try a food manufacture, some place that brings in ingrediants to make something. all your looking for is food grade barrels.

mike

Registered Member

I bought myself a 65 gallon commercial grade water storage bin and a quality pump/hose/outlet set up from John at Jehmco and I love the thing. It cost me under $100, and I didn't have to try to track down, clean and soak a used tank. That said, if you have the time, the used ones are much cheaper (you can get some free!) and they work just as well.

He can get even bigger units as well. Just tell him what you need.

Just make sure you ask him for a threaded plug to go with it!

John

Well I get my 55 gal barrels for FREE!!!! Yes nothing better than free. Sometimes it pays off to work at an Environmental company. Once my barrels get all dirty I just throw them in my truck and trade them in for new ones!!!
    I can get anyone close to me barrels for dirt cheap just let me know. Nice thing about them is they have lids that can be removed for easy cleaning!!

Darcy

Registered Member

David,
    Im sure in the Stockton area you should be able to find food grade containers either from some of the salvage yards, recycle centers, farm supplys or possibly from your Coca Cola distributor...look through the yellow pages. I have used the rubbermaid approach and have experienced the same problems that you are where the thickness of the container did not have shape durability....I am enclosing pics of food grade containers that I use...some are 55 and some are 30's...I have used these for over a year and a half and have not had any problems with them at all...the key is to make sure you get the lids with the containers and have the bungs removed so you can drop your hearter and aeriation down the same hole...
    Containers cost about $15 per 55 gallon and $10 per 30 gallon..
    If you should get these used containers make sure you clean them properly before using them for water storage.

HTH,
    Tad

Registered Member

55 gallon storage,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast