AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: tetratec deepwater dw96

Registered Member

Default tetratec deepwater dw96

hi there i heard that this air pump can give air to multiple tanks... and i was just wondering how many tanks can the tetratec deepwater dw96 give air too befor i make a purchase on it... help me out guys with your own experiences thank you

Default Re:tetratec deepwater dw96

I'm running 2 55's on one (4x40 Gal Sponge filters) until I finish Getting The one from Jason Setup....Never had a problem with it..

RandalB

Registered Member

kool randal this is the single outlet dw96 right? cause the one im about to purchase has only one outlet

I returned this pump because it was loud.....but yes it was pushing allot of air....as far as how many tanks you can run....it depends on depth of your tank and output of the stone you are using.....I have noticed that the charts on the sides of many air pump boxes are not that accurate, and you can usually run a little more on a pump than the chart states....
    good luck.......

This models comes in both the single outlet and double. i have used the double before and found it to be a little noisy. Instead I opted to save a few bucks and went with the AP200. It is quiter. I used one to run a 75 gallon on a stand and had no problem whatsoever. The only bad thing that I have heard of the AP200 is that there is a tendency for them to wear out over time. I had mine for about 1 1/2 years and it was still running ok...

If you go to ebay you can pick up and AP200 for about 10.00.

Henry

Registered Member

kool thanks henry