ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ACA 2004

Default Re:ACA 2004

okay okay I will be your roomie and don't worry I don't snore. Durring the ACA I was known as the man that never sleeps so no snoring Hans.

LOL Hans. gee....thanks. think ive had that offer already.
    how can i prove no snoring. lol.
    Kerry.....if you can prove you dont snore....i will still let you be my bunkie. lol. and no sleep walking and no talking in sleep either.

Registered Member

Im going to try to come too!!!!

nancy

drunken fights will be optional for those wishing to further bring the Discus community into disrepute.

Sad & childish how somebody who even wasn't there and only can talk of "hear say" tries (after an ACA of 4 days of big fun) some shouting in a fight talking about "bringing the Discus community into disrepute" Hans. Now Hans be nice

You know there are two types of people in the world....The people that make the history and the people that read about it!!!!

Randy 8)

HI Randy,
    I've always felt there were 3 types....
    those that make it, those that read about it, and those that learn from it.

Obviously I wasn't there either. Hans, but If there was drunken fights at the last ACA, I think we all would agree with Dave Webber that it would not be a good image for the hobby. Something like that could surely put the event in a negative light. Not to mention it would probably not be well appreciated by the people that organized the event, or others that took time off from work to attend the event,

Maybe this event did take place and you were not there?Maybe Dave Webber heard about it from the Aca organizers or someone there at the fight? Who Knows.. too many maybes I guess to get the unbiased honest answer. If it did happen, I am sure that the person or persons responsible realize that it was a mistake to carry on like that in public, and will not do so again...... Who Knows maybe someday they will make a public apology for it , if it happened. If it didn't happen, It doesn't really matter any more.

These things can happen when you get a group of people together , so I would ask no further discussion on this hypothetical fight by the parties discussing it here. Hopefully the next ACA will not have anything but a positive spin attached to it. I am really looking forward to attending on behalf of SimplyDiscus.

Lets make it an event to remember.!!! I plan on doing my part, and will be filling you all in on it shortly.

Thanks,
    al

Maybe this event did take place and you were not there?Maybe Dave Webber heard about it from the Aca organizers or someone there at the fight? Who Knows.. too many maybes I guess to get the unbiased honest answer. If it did happen, I am sure that the person or persons responsible realize that it was a mistake to carry on like that in public, and will not do so again...... Who Knows maybe someday they will make a public apology for it , if it happened. If it didn't happen, It doesn't really matter any more.

Al, there maybe bait on the hook but I'm not biting!!!!

Dave is just fishing wanting to stir up some answers or more like some negitive responses, and I am surprised you let it happen......Dave wasent there so it is not any of his business what did or didnt happen.....
    Why would you expect an public apology and why would one be needed.......The public wasent there.....The ones that were there know all about what did and did not happen and have forgot about it long ago...but some people just cant let it rest.......
    This post was started to encourage people to attend the ACA in Denver next year not to talk about last years ACA, if people want to read about it there is plenty of post about it on the various boards...

Randy 8)

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Well said Randy!!!!!!!!!!

You da man.

-john

Registered Member

DenverDan will be there, 20 min from the house. Let's see how many Discus can I get in each bag, for a 20min trip? Ah who cares about math, just bring discus.

I have a business in Denver, if anybody needs to send in anything before the show.

Dan

Registered Member

Hey Dan can we put you down on our list as a place to stop for a visit?????????

Mench

Randy,

There ain't bait on the Hook, I already filled my creel.

My Comments were deliberately open ended , giving the benefit of doubt to both parties involved in this discussion. I allowed Dave Webber's comments because he did not mention any names, just his views on behavior that he felt was inappropriate. If it was intended to hit a raw nerve in some there... that is not for me comment on, allow or disallow.

You should be more surprised I allowed yours and Discus hans responses to Dave Webber , When he had not addressed them to you..I would appreciate you take your personal issues up with Dave Webber off the board if you feel the need. It will not be allowed further here.

I do not expect anything Randy, as I was not there. I merely speculated that if a drunken fight occurred an apology might be appropriate. I would feel that way if anybody was involved in a matter such as this. I feel That when at a function like this the actions of those attending reflect on the hobby as a whole. Where it happened doesn't matter to me. I am sorry if you read into that more deeply than it was meant, or if you disagree. I am entittled to my opinion on appropriate behavior, as are you.

As I understand the issue being debated here... It concerned neither You or Hans, And yet you felt obligated to comment on the issue as well. Perhaps if you all would stick to your own businesses, the issue would not have been discussed here as it has been.

I specifically asked for no further comment on the "alleged Fight" , if further discussion takes place I will lock the post. You can take it up with me privately.

Thank you ,
    Al

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

deleted by brewmaster15.

Registered Member

Fight!

There was no fight just a little old WORM WRESTLE!
    Now lets get back on track here. Whos bringing the booze
    this time? LOL! 8)

Registered Member

Registered Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234