AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: new wilds...only eat bloodworms

Registered Member

Default new wilds...only eat bloodworms

hi everyone, I just got 3 wilds for my office aquarium a week ago. first 4 days, they didnt eat anything, the lfs suggested live bloodworms, ehich they took. how can I make them eat some other dry foods? I am not 100% convincesd of the daily feedings of bloodworms, since I think they will mess up the water eventually..thanks again!!

Default Re:new wilds...only eat bloodworms

Some of my wild-caught duscus didn't eat the first 14 days. My lastest small wild-caught heckels was eating after 30 minute in the tank.

I start to give my wild discus Mosquito larvae and Live earth worms. Temp 34. I put in one captive discus that I can affored to lose if the wild-caught don't starts to eat. This often help. Small tank is not good. I don't if this is only the case in my home, I use 500 l.

Registered Member

Default Re:new wilds...only eat bloodworms

wilds take some time to acclimate, putting in a domestic discus that eats good will help get them started. Eventually they will eat just like your other discus. As long as you feed them the live bloodworms then they will not accept prepared foods as well. I'd cut back to a couple times a week and feed them the food you want them to eat the other days.