ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Color Inheritance

Registered Member

Default Re: Color Inheritance

hi carol,
    It seem you are very in depth into color inheritance. I just wonder what would the off spring look like between a white butterfly and a snakeskin (future goal).

Thanx.

Registered Member

What if I get a successful spawn from these two? Any ideas on the offspring?

MIKE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Carol - I have just had a high body blue diamond & brown pair up. As the BD gene is recessive will all the offspring be straight browns or may there be some variation? Thanx!
    The two best times to fish are when its raining and when it's not.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry_discus View Post
    Hi Carol - I have just had a high body blue diamond & brown pair up. As the BD gene is recessive will all the offspring be straight browns or may there be some variation? Thanx!
    FYI Carol hasn't been around in awhile. don't wait on her to reply..

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry_discus View Post
    Might try to send a PM to Rod, he is part of the Simply Discus University Team. He is an expert on the subject IMO.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

OK thanks guys. I actually spoke to Darren @ A1 yesterday and he pretty much answered this question for me, so all is good. Cheers.
    The two best times to fish are when its raining and when it's not.

Registered Member

Hey Carol, I'm new to Discus Breeding. I was wondering what colors to expect when I breed out an (albino golden*eruption leopard) intermediate x (albino golden * eruption leopard) intermediate. Both parents right now have mainly brown pigmentation and slight leopard prints on the outer and lower fins. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mbooc2 View Post
    Hey Carol, I'm new to Discus Breeding. I was wondering what colors to expect when I breed out an (albino golden*eruption leopard) intermediate x (albino golden * eruption leopard) intermediate. Both parents right now have mainly brown pigmentation and slight leopard prints on the outer and lower fins. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Mark
    Carol hasn't been on the forum in several years
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

well maybe there are enough of us around to answer one anothers questions. I've been waiting awhile to see pics from someone on a tangerine x brilliant turquoise cross (which I'm sure isn't the prettiest sight but I'd love to see pics). I also have a problem right now with all of my PB's & Tangerines pairing up with my blues... I can't figure it out. I just had my first wigglers (first time I actually set up a tank dedicated to breeding... otherwise always have discus spawning in community tank) and I was actually QT'ing two Hans discus (Marlboro and a Snake Skin)... before you know it, the two are laying eggs AND THEY'RE TINY! I thought the eggs wouldn't be fertile since believing they're still young but hey, like I said, I've got wigglers.

so, if you have pics of crosses (accidental or on purpose) that may answer some of these folks questions then PLEASE post them. If I can raise the current batch then I'll take pics and post them (won't be impressive, but may answer someone elses question)... THANKS!

Registered Member

I have a Red Melon and a Blue Turq and they seem to be shimmying? Is that mating behavior? I don't intend on breeding them as I only have a community tank, but what would the fry look like?

Registered Member

Talking Re: Color Inheritance

great info on color throw backs ...this site is very informative .even for and experienced person ..its all about info discus lovers..... its a disease .caring for discus ..a good disease !!!!

hi i have read that PB and White are strong gene so wht happen if we breed PB and white what fry would be like ? have anyone had breed this combination

Registered Member

If you go back far enough in the thread, Carol mentions that the white gene trumps the black on PB, so at least you shouldn't have the majority peppering. Also, I thought that the "peppering" was actually blue pigments over red and we see it as black. Can't remember the source on that right off-hand.

Registered Member

I have a pair . In which male is red torquire and female is snakeskin .
    Can u say how the fry will look like....plz reply

Registered Member

This is a lot to think about

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast