ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Cure for Cloudy Eye?

Default Cure for Cloudy Eye?

How do one cure cloudy eye? Initial stage just started developing?

thnx

Default Re:Cure for Cloudy Eye?

Hi,
    Often Cloudy eye is bacterial and results from Poor water quality... Whats you water like, and water changes? It will sometimes clear up on its own if the water quality is improved.

If meds are required ... an antibacterial /antibiotic such as furan-2, or penicillian may work... and for stubborn cases.. Use maracyn 2+maracyn,

Keep in mind the eye area heals slow... It may look cloudy for many days as it heals.

hth,
    al

Since 15-20days my frnd was not at home n there was no one 1 take proper care of the fishes. 2day morning he called me told abt the fish, so i brought them 2 my house n i hav noticed that one of the BD has a kinda a milky white stop in her eye! So thought its Cloudy Eye.

Now abt the Anti-bio:
    Furan II i doubt i will get in India.
    Penicillian or Maracyn will i get it from Medical Shop?? if yes wat shld i ask for?

thnx

Given the water quality issues of the fish, I'd say hold on the meds for now.... maintain the fish for a week or so in good clean water and see if things improve. That whitish may be superficial or from transport. You can add salt at 1 tablespoon/ 1 gal water .. That may help. This level salt can be kept for at least 5 days.

If after a week of clean water its not getting better or looking worse than see if you can get the meds from your pharmacy..penicillian is common in humans and animal use...farm animals especially... and you may be able to get maracyn 2 active ingredient...minocycline as it is used by people.. be careful on the dose...The human minocycline is often 100 mg capsule... the fish version is 10 mg.

hth,
    al

thnx brewmaster, one more question can i keep the affected BD with other fishes it wont spread rite???

thnx once again.

Hospitol tanks are always best... but if this fish was with a group...odds are they would have already been infected if its bacterial and pathological... Sounds like they can all use some good water and food,,,,,

....What i would not do is add them to my exisiting fish for at least 6 weeks....and be careful about cross contaminating between the new fish and your existing fish.

hth,
    al

wow that was fast!

wat i hav done is i kept all the 3 pair (my frnd's) in new tank n gonna treat the whole batch @ once! after 6 week as u said will then shift 2 my main tank!

Sounds good?

thnx for the help ^_^

Registered Member

Al, what are you doing up at 4:30 am? Frank

thnx guys medication started

will keep u in loop

Guys, some improvements!!!! all i c now (compared to 1 month ago) is a very small white dot!!! kool its working!!!!