AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Selecting Discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Selecting Discus

It's breathing normally and it isnt turning dark. I havent given them any food. and I removed a bit of water and poured in some hot water, because the temperature was a little bit colder then 29 degrees.
    Last edited by DanLFC97; 01-19-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Registered Member

And the one which is swimming, is looking up. Should I be worried?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by DanLFC97 View Post
    It's breathing normally and it isnt turning dark. I havent given them any food. and I removed a bit of water and poured in some hot water, because the temperature was a little bit colder then 29 degrees.
    Keep them in 28C water. No need to be higher and don't ever pour really hot water directly to the tank. It is better to float a 2L bottle of water to bring temp up than direct pour.

And the one which is swimming, is looking up. Should I be worried?
    It is looking up all the time? If so, that sounds like a swim bladder issue. A pic or video will help greatly. Would you like to start a new thread about this? I can move all of this info over there for you?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I lowered it to 28 degrees. I hope I didnt harm them because I poured hot water when I was doing acclimitisation. I cant take photos because its night time at the moment and even for myself its a struggle to see where they are. One of them seems to be ok, the other sometimes looks up and sometimes looks down. Now its on its side. If it isnt a problem for you, can we stay talking on this thread?

Real Name
    Ricardo

I lowered it to 28 degrees. I hope I didnt harm them because I poured hot water when I was doing acclimitisation. I cant take photos because its night time at the moment and even for myself its a struggle to see where they are. One of them seems to be ok, the other sometimes looks up and sometimes looks down. Now its on its side. If it isnt a problem for you, can we stay talking on this thread?
    Yes, that is fine, no worries. When you get the lights on tomorrow, try to take a video or picture of them. We can all try to help you here with your discus. May I ask, from where did you purchase these discus?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I purchased them from my local fish store. Once I got fish from him and they had white spots on them and it killed all my fish. I checked his discus and they were all swimming normally in the middle and they were alert. He told me that the discus were there for 1 month and they looked healthy.

Real Name
    Ricardo

I purchased them from my local fish store. Once I got fish from him and they had white spots on them and it killed all my fish. I checked his discus and they were all swimming normally in the middle and they were alert. He told me that the discus were there for 1 month and they looked healthy.
    (in red) Are you saying that you once got discus from him in the past and they all died? Or are you saying that this group of 2 discus killed off all the fish you had in your tank previously?

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

No no, I got two blue acaras that had white spots and I didnt have any discus at that time. Today was the first time that I purschased discus

Real Name
    Ricardo

No no, I got two blue acaras that had white spots and I didnt have any discus at that time. Today was the first time that I purschased discus
    Oh I see. Well I went back a page and saw that you were concerned about white spots on other fish but not the discus. Truth be told, I would have advised you to simply stay away, but now that point is moot, so lets move on.

For now, simply observe the discus. Turn the lights on tomorrow and see how they are swimming. Make sure they aren't dark and that they are not losing their slime coat. Check their eyes to make sure they aren't cloudy. Are the discus skinny in the abdomen area or in the forehead area? Does it look pinched?

pictures would go a long way here to see how they are in your tank. If you need help posting pictures, simply let me know.

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

They dont look skinny, its abdomen and its forehead are quite big. If I send you pictures I need to use the flash. If its ok to use flash on the fish I will send you pictures right away.

Registered Member

Is it ok I use flash? If I can I will send you the pictures right away. By the way thanks a lot for helping me, I really appreciate it

Real Name
    Ricardo

Is it ok I use flash? If I can I will send you the pictures right away. By the way thanks a lot for helping me, I really appreciate it
    Not a problem, and yes, send the pics with or without flash, it doesn't matter. It is better than nothing.

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I will send the pictures tomorrow. At the moment, one of them has adjusted and swimming normally the other one, is stil on its side, breathing normally and sometimes turning. Tomorrow I will feed them and I will send you the pictures. Thanks a alot for your help I really appreciate it.

Registered Member

They both recovered and they are swimming. I have checked on them and now one of their skin is peeling and they have cloudy eyes.(I didnt get it like that from the store)
    I also gave them a small amount of food and they didnt eat it.

Here is a picture of it.
    http://prntscr.com/9si7f4

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Dan, please check your ammonia/nitrites? Guessing with the addition of the discus your tank is having a mini-cycle. If you have measurable ammonia/nitrites best to do a water change.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast