AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1620

Thread: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 3!!!

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Default Re: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 3!!!

Hi Ali, How are you mate Awesome news about the uaru, congratulations. When you have some excess babies, let me know.

Chuong, thats a great offer mate. I think that would be a fabulous breeding. So far i have bred one of the no striation males with the normal females and it looks from among the babies they will all have the striations. So i crossed him with a pure red melon ,also from Roy. Bit early to tell for sure but i am hopeing to get more of the super clean non striated type this way. About half the babies appear to carry the pb gene for soot and the rest look pure. But i think a breeding with your female will be even better My best breeding male actually has a batch with him now, but i'll rest him for a few weeks and then maybe we can look at doing this breeding program together.

Rod

My spawn produced about 50/50 pattern to solid. This particular female is the cleanest out of the three I have. Her colour is much paler than the others, almost a pastel lemon yellow. The females do however have some white around the gill plate area.

Hey Rod,

Yeah no worries about the Uaru mate, as I said I have 10 growing up at the moment and another hopeful 50 along the way. They are really clever fish. The adults realised that I keep taking the spawning rocks with the eggs on them out so now they start digging pits until the bottom of the tank is exposed. Then they spawn on the glass at the bottom of the tank. Very clever fish as I said, but you already know that It's also amazing how much the little ones eat and as a result how quickly they grow. I'll put some pics up if anyone is interested or better still I can email you pics if you still have the same email address.

Hey Chuong, you are evil! Just looking at the pictures between Rod and you is tempting enough. Now can you imagine what will happen when I see these fish in real life? I must excercise restraint for the moment and be patient.

I'll be watching this post more closely now for the results of the breeding program between Rod's discus and your discus. Would be keen to know how your fish get along.

Kind Regards
    Ali

Registered Member

Wah... look at this. Haven't been checking in for a while and suddenly Aussie3 comes alive again.

Yes... the baby is here and we have another girl. She is now nearly 5 months old. Cute little thing with a lot of character... I guess with a mum like me, who could blame her.

I still got discus, but only 4 left at the moment. I had lots of casualties... with most of them just died with no apparent reason. So, hopefully I am getting some more soon.... (wink... Rod...wink). Now, that we are in Darwin.... it is a lot easier . We are also building a house.... as Scott told me the other day that he has to be surgically removed from Darwin.... now that he likes it so much.

Well.... here is a photo of my 2 girls.....

Regards, Ari
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Hi Ari,

Ella and wee Indah are sooo cute I can't resist to show of my grand daughter She loves helping me feed the fish.

Rod

heh ari.shes very cute. great to hear from you.
    heres a pic of my new babies. had to replace my kids.

Registered Member

Toy poodle?? April??
    They are cute!! So, the kids left home already?

Rod,
    She is growing up so fast.... I can't believe how big she is now.

Regards, Ari

yes ari. toy poodles. poppy and barley. they are 7 months. my kids are about gone..ashley is going into 4thyear university already. and dylan is turning 19 tomorrow. so..almost the end. it goes fast..trust me. but on the other hand..a long haul..but your almost there..lol. just 18.5 more years...enjoy it while its there..i look at kids your babies ages..and wish sometimes..it was so much fun.

Registered Member

April,
    They reckoned kids these days are staying home longer and longer!! So, I think I would be looking longer than 18.5 years!!! So, it will be a while before I get myself a toy poodle or two .

or you can just have grandchildren like Rod.

BTW, are you still grooming dogs? You own the shop now, don't you? We should catch up on news!! I am behind on everything.

Regards, Ari

Ari, Wow... Ella has grown. I don't I even realised you had another. Time does fly.

Now I need to pull the camera out to get some fishy pics.

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Funny we are discussing kids leaving home.....my 14yo son announced this morning he is moving out when he's 34.........

lol funny..well tell him he better be paying half the mortgage when hes 19...

Ari. yes..still grooming..still own the shop..been busy..almost too busy to play fishies. but i still am...yes..we gotta catch up. one of these days..when your done playing mother..or get a break..you still gotta make it to canada. a bit on hold for now i guess..

Registered Member

April,
    I really would love to visit you. I watch the news this morning on sunrise and it has scenery of vancouver, bannf, and other areas around there.... and I am kicking myself never going there!! Oh well, maybe we can ask someone to babysit, while Scott and I go to our second honeymoon. Hold on a minute, I don't think we even got our first one

Rod,
    Tell John.... you want him out when he finish high school, otherwise, you might have to extend your house...again .

Chuong,
    Yes, I have been busy!! 2 are enough for me, though.... no more.

Regards, Ari

well..surely you need a boy..ari.. lol. but i agree two is enough. i have heard..3 changes everything..alot harder.

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

gday fellow aussies great to see so many of us on this great forum i live in townsville.

cheers

Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108