AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 3!!!

Registered Member

Default Re:Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 3!!!

Hi Michele,
    Welcome.
    Did your scorpions end up breeding ok.
    Lesley, as for the rain you will have to ask Kerry about that it's all her doing. I got the telescope out last night and I could swear she was dancing around a cauldron at about midnight. LOL

Geoff ;D ;D ;D

Well then,

when Kerry comes to visit I shall make sure that she brings her cauldron with her!!!

do you think your cauldron will work long distance Kerry???

Registered Member

Hi Aussie x 3

I am fairly new to discus, only 6mths into fish geek heaven in fact. I have now only got 1 blue turq, 1 pidgeon blood, and 2 golden scorpions, after recently loosing both of my other blue turq to accidental injury under a rock while I was cleaning I think, and my pidgeon blood to no obvious injury but kept getting picked on severely by my male gold scorpion.

My golden scorpions did lay eggs as I thought, (somebody out there must be well read as I have only posted the one message about it and already you have me tracked down), but they were unfertilised, and they ate them on day 2. Sad but a fact of life hey, I am looking forward to the next spawn.
    I also keep 2 dwarf guoramis, and 10 neons, and an assortment of siamese fighting fish anywhere you can fit an empty jar
    I run a 460 litre tank with a canister filter, I have a giant piece of drifted planted with anubia(?), a gravel bottom, and I keep my ph @ 6.5, have now idea about any other condtion but do a 50% water change 1 a week with rainwater, and a 10% change with tapwater inbetween. The rainwater I collect only after plenty of rain and the roof is clean , or I do a declorinated tap water 2 x week. I test for ph, warm, and add cycle to the water before I add to the tank.
    I know this is slack, but I dont have a fish room or any of that fancy stuff I need to do it any better, and we are getting by for now. I hope to get 4 more fish soon as I find something I like, and remove my extras from the tank.
    I am also due to get a new koolie puppy in a few days, and will start breeding my other Koolie in march. Busy time ahead.

That is the run down on the ecc.oldlady.

Michelle

Registered Member

welcome Michelle

As has been said before we are a mad bunch here on the Aussie thread, it wont take long until you too are are silly as US

Cheers
    luke

ps try to stay clear of the canadians around here lol :P :P :P
    sorry pril ;D

heh Luke.. i am the one who looks after all my little aussie "subjects" . lol. and if you ever find the weather not quite to your liking..remember your all welcome to move to Canoz. ;D perfect discus water.. perfect temp..and perfect amount of rain. oh and theres a beautiful golf course..about it so far..
    heh Michelle..theres a great guy in Brisbane..he has the best discus in the world.!!! their so good..that they even left oz to come to Canada!! so...if you are in need of more discus..you need to see his. : )) he posts on here.. rod or rodney..or rod 1 . not to be confused with Rod Coleman.. although he has nice fish also..and a great guy. but not in Brisbane. : ;D or..even if you dont need fish but need an obsessed discus lover to consult with or just to yabber to.
    oh..and Kerry isnt too far away...she has a few fish in her house!!!

Hi Michelle, welcome to mad house lol ;D

Hey Geoff, use geo liquid in your water, its great, all natural. Adds all minerals and stuff and gets rid of any heavy metals, tho with your set up you wouldnt have to worry about metals etc.

Got that cake cooked yet?

Kerry

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum

Thanks April for the very embarrassing comments....lol.

Rod

Dont worry about April Rod, Just keep in mind all the fun we're gonna have tomorrow, visiting you and seeing the fish, pity Pril's too far away to come.

Oh well oneday Pril ;D

I bet the next reply from Pril is

Kerry

Registered Member

hi guys,

just a quick question....................................if im doing a w/c on a standard 4' and have got water going OUT at one end of the tank and coming IN at the other end, would this suffice for a w/c. It is a little less time consuming which is not always a bad thing but what do u guys think??

cheers
    luke

ok thats it Kerry...rub it in!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    there.. no waaaas. hows that?
    Rodney..your very welcome. and its all true.. sorry cant take the comments back. lol.

well ive done that luke.but for how long are you doing that? you mean on a constant basis...or for an hour?
    if you could have some trickling in..and some out..your fish surely would smile from ear to ear. as long as no chlorine etc..might still have to siphon the bottom though.
    ok now i answered..someone who has more knowledge can reply.
    but ive dreamed of having a grow out tank like that. but due to my flood reputation...i cant at this point.
    :

The last thing Canada needs is Pril leaving the taps on :yikes:

OK - I gotta go and get ready for my big day out at Rods ;D

Kerry

Hi Kerry,
    Pictures please . Wait for me Kerry. Can you pick me up ? ;D
    I will be there spiritually ;D

Hi Luke,
    Same questions, for how long do you want to do it for ? Is the water aged ?
    I did that before, water IN and OUT at the same time. Not coz i intended to do it but coz i forgot to take the OUT hose away ;D. The water in was directly from the tap and it's in winter LOL ;D. Discus went sick ;D.
    If it is aged water, same temp, then it will be alright. Maybe good idea, but if you run it longer and constant basis which means wasting water ;D. Maybe like a big drip system LOL ;D

Regards,
    Ronny

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Hi Luke,

personally never done that method before but a mate used to do just that with his discus. conditioned tapwater in one end and waste water out the other end. He would drain 3/4 of the water first then start refilling while still draining. He didn't bother to use filters with that method, just an airstone and his discus were very healthy and grew well. He water changed twice a day. Seemed a bit wasteful of water to me, but it seemed to work very well for him.

Regards

Rod

Hi Luke,

I am thinking the same way as Rod - the thought of all that water being wasted sends shivers down my spine!!!

Had a pump problem yesterday, tried to fix it myself, broke a fitting and had to call our plumber, I nearly drove the poor man mad trying to catch all the drips of water in a bucket while he was working. Just as well he's patient and used to me!!!

Lesley

Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast