AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ? for hobbyists with Curipera

Default Re:? for hobbyists with Curipera

It would be nice to see some pictures of older fry/juvies, if you have any Dennis...It's been a while since the first spawn if I remember correctly...
    please and thanks..
    david

Registered Member

David
    I lost the first spawn when we moved into a rental house.
    The oldest curipera fry I have now are aproaching four months old, and I have several out crosses that are a little younger, and fry on parents now.
    We are moving into our new home in three weeks, then Jan 29 th I am going to have some surgery done that will put me down for a while.
    The new fish room was the first thing that I finished in the new house and the fish have been there for a month now.
    Right now I don't even know which box my camera is in, because when we moved into a rental we left every thing that we absolutley didn't need boxed up.
    It will probably be middle to late Febuary before I can post any pictures.
    Dennis

Alright...there's no hurry...by all means settle in and get your operation out of the way...good luck...
    david

Registered Member

Well Dennis,
    How many males do You have? My point was that not all males will spawn because they can't and more then likely never will . And Ofcourse it holds true with females to! Also I know its much harder to get wild females to lay am not that lost!. But thats still not the problem. Am saying most males are MULES, EGGEATERS Or TO HI STRUNG! It does not matter what You do with your parmeters they still will never Breed.
    Come on Dennis you of All people must of came across a male that You could Never Breed. I know I have had Many in My days.

If Your telling Me you have 5 spawning male Curipera then your one lucky man. And ofcourse anytime a male is good It can be forced paired on most all females that are willing to lay I do agree on that!.

Also sorry but true I get more action in tap water then when useing R/O and low PH! Even on wilds. PH 7.5 KH 6 GH 6 mS 165 I add nothing to My water No chlorine or chloramine Remover. NO carbon or Carbon Blocks Nothing! But good old Detroit city Water Thur to hot water tanks and Kmart Garden hose.

Now send Me my FRY! ;D
    Best Wishes!
    Cary Gld

Registered Member

Cary
    As a matter of fact I do have five male curipera spawning at the moment, but not with curipera females.
    And yes I have had a couple males that would never breed, one I wanted to breed so bad I tried him with about a dozen females before I gave up on him, but I say fish are like most living things and the males are usually plenty willing, it's the females that say not tonight I have a head ache.
    We drilled a well at the new house so I am free to use as much water as I want, and it is ph7.4 at 160 microsemeiens and tested out good. Some time I will give it a try with a pair, it's just in the past I have not had much hatch rate with a higher ph.
    Dennis

Registered Member

Dennis,

Be well and take care of yourself.

Martin

Registered Member

Well My friend,
    Your one lucky MAN! Anyways I been thur tons of discus!
    And I find Most Hybrid females will allways spawn and with wilds the opposite!

Well Good luck with the new house and like Martin said Takecare of Yourself!

LONG TIME NO SEE MARTIN HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cary Gld!

Registered Member

Dennis,
    Hopefully the weather gives us a break and I can make it over to your new house.

Miles

Registered Member

Hello Cary,

Greeting from Hong Kong!

Yes it has be long for me to stay away from the forums.
    I have been keeping busy for the preperation of receiving our 2nd son, he is due in the middle of the month.

To be precise what really keeping me busy is setting up tanks to receive some wilds from my friend soon before I got too busy with the baby.

;D ;D ;D

Martin

Hello Martin!
    Congratulations on the upcoming family addition! Thats Great news.

Please post pics of both the baby and The wilds from your friend.

Take care,
    al

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678